If you love a delicious Instant Pot Crawfish Boil, you are going to love this one. This cajun boil is made in the Instant Pot and is ready to enjoy in no time. Everything is perfectly cooked and ready to enjoy in half the time of a traditional stovetop version.
Cajun Instant Pot Crawfish Boil
This Instant Pot Crawfish Boil has the best flavor. The Instant Pot makes it taste like it was cooked low and slow for hours when really it is cooked in 2 minutes, plus pressure time. This is so simple, you can have this as a simple weeknight dinner.
- Crawfish- You can’t have a crawfish boil without crawfish
- Corn on the cob- If you can not find fresh corn on the cob, there is usually corn on the cob in the freezer section.
- Butter- The crawfish boil tastes best with real butter and not margarine.
- Old Bay-Old Bay Seasoning is the main seasoning that people add to their seafood recipes.
- Cajun seasoning- If you do not have cajun seasoning, you can make your using ,
- Salt- I like to salt the boil slightly and then add more at the end if needed.
- Kielbasa- If you can not find kielbasa, you can use another sausage you like.
- Beer- This gives the best flavor to the boil. Make sure it is a beer you like the flavor of.
- Water-This is the water that the Instant Pot needs to create the pressure.
How to Make Instant Pot Shrimp Boil
Place the trivet inside of the Instant Pot and place the potatoes and corn on top.
Place the washed crawfish on the potatoes and then add the seasoning over the crawfish. Then add the butter.
Do not mix everything together. You want to leave it as it sits.
Pour the beer and water over top and then place the lid on top.
Set it to 2 minutes. Once it is done, allow a natural release for 2 minutes.
Stir everything together and then let it sit for 5-6 minutes.
What Side Dishes go With Low Country Boil?
Some people consider a Low Country Boil a complete meal on its own. If you want to serve it with other side dishes, you can serve it with rice, baked potatoes, or roasted vegetables.
Do Eggs Belong in Cajun Boil?
I do not add eggs to my cajun boils. I know some people feel very strongly that they do or do not have egg in them, but I just prefer mine without the egg.
More Seafood Recipes
Instant Pot Cajun Boil
- 3-4 lb Crawfish
- 3 ears corn on the cob cut in thirds
- 1 stick butter
- 1 Tbsp Old Bay
- 3 Tbsp . Cajun seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Sea Salt
- 1 lb kielbasa cut in half
- 1 can beer
- 3 cups Water
- In a 8 qt pot with the trivet on the bottom.
- Begin to add your potatoes, and corn.
- Place your washed crawfish on top of the potatoes and corn.
- Add your cut Cajun sausage on top of the crawfish.
- Add your butter, seasonings to the instant pot.
- Do NOT mix.
- Pour your beer and water on top of the crawfish.
- Place the lid on the Instant pot and seal the vent.
- Turn your Instant pot to manual for 2 min then allow it to do natural release for 2 minutes.
- Remove your Crawfish and sausage and place it on the side.
- Replace the lid and seal the vent.
- Turn your Instant pot to manual for 2 min carefully open the vent and replace your crawfish into the pot.
- Stir to combine.
- Allow to sit for 5-6 minutes.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.