5-Minute Chocolate Buttercream Frosting (5-Ingredients)
Learn how to make chocolate buttercream frosting with this easy 5-minute recipe. This is my absolute favorite recipe for chocolate frosting, it’s so simple! Perfect for cakes, cupcakes, and so much more!
This yummy chocolate frosting recipe goes well with out popular Chocolate Deep Depression Chocolate Cake (no milk, eggs or butter).
5-minute Chocolate Buttercream Frosting Recipe
This chocolate buttercream is SO much better than store bought frosting without all of the added preservatives. Just 5 simple ingredients – butter, cocoa powder, sugar, milk, vanilla. Just mix all the ingredients in just 5 minutes and you will have the most delicious chocolate buttercream frosting that always gets raves reviews!
Ingredients You Will Need:
- Cocoa Powder
- Powdered Sugar
- Heavy Cream (or whole milk)
- Vanilla Extract
- pinch of salt (optional)
How To Make 5-Minute Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
To make this delicious frosting, first add the softened butter to a mixing bowl and beat with a paddle attachment until smooth.
Then, add in the sifted cocoa powder and powdered sugar alternating with the heavy cream until well-combined.
Even though this is a creamy chocolate buttercream, it holds its shape beautifully and works great for spreading over cakes or even piping fancy designs!
If your frosting appears too dry, add more heavy cream or whole milk, only one tablespoon at a time until it reaches the right consistency. If it appears too wet and does not hold its form, add more confectioner’s sugar, only one tablespoon at a time until you get your preferred results.
Storing – Place any leftover frosting in an airtight container and place in the fridge for up to 1 week. When ready to use, remove the frosting the fridge and let it sit to room temperature. Then give it a good stir before frosting.
Freezing – This frosting recipe can also be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months. Store in an air tight container and place in the freezer. When ready to use, take out of the freezer and place in the fridge over night. Then proceed as directed above.
This will be the Best Chocolate Buttercream Frosting you have ever tasted! Smooth, creamy and delicious! Our Chocolate Buttercream Frosting is great on cakes, cupcakes, brownies and more. Enjoy!
Other Easy Dessert Recipes You Will Love:
5-Minute Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder sifted
- 3-4 Tbsp heavy cream or whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt to taste optional
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat the butter on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Add the sifted powdered sugar and cocoa powder to the bowl one cup at a time and beat until combined. Slowly pour in the heavy cream and vanilla extract then add the pinch of salt and continue beating until well combined, scraping down the sides as needed, about 2 minutes.
- Increase the speed to high and beat the frosting for an additional 2 minutes. Use the frosting immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge.