This Oreo Balls Recipe is such a fun and easy treat to make, especially for the Holidays! Just 3 ingredients and they’re no-bake.
Easy Oreo Balls Recipe
If you are a fan of Oreo cookies (like we are), you are going to absolutely love this Oreo Balls Recipe! All you need to make these delicious balls are chocolate, cream cheese and Oreo cookies – that’s it!! Oreo balls are always a favorite treat at any party, especially during the holidays. We make these every year and everyone always goes crazy over them. These are such a nice addition to any Christmas cookie tray.
How To Make OREO Balls
You are going to LOVE how easy this recipe is with such delicious results.
Start with a package of Oreos. Dump them in the food processor, and pulse until they just become fine crumbs. You can also place the cookies in a zip lock bag and use a rolling pin to crush. This works just as well.
Next, transfer the cookie crumbs to a big medium mixing bowl and mix in the softened cream cheese. I use a wooden spoon for this. Mix well until you have a dough.
Then you roll the mixture into 1-inch balls.
Place the chocolate in a glass bowl and melt in the microwave according to the package directions.
If you don’t have a microwave, you can use a double boiler. Heat about an inch of water in a small pot, place the chocolate bars in a glass or metal bowl, and rest it on top. (The water should lightly be simmering, and the bottom of the bowl should not be touching the water.) Stir until smooth and melted.
Once your chocolate nicely melted, dip in the Oreo balls, one by one, and roll them around with a dipping tool or fork until they’re completely coated. Tap whatever you are dipping with to make sure any access chocolate drips off leaving a nice and clean look. Place the balls on wax paper to set.
Decorating the Oreo Truffles – just sprinkle a pinch of Oreo crumbs on top of the still-wet chocolate coating. It looks so pretty will give everyone a hint of what’s inside. You can drizzle them with melted white chocolate for a nice contrast or use any Holiday sprinkles.
Do Oreo Balls Need To Be Refrigerated?
Yes! Make sure you store the Oreo balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You will want to avoid the chocolate getting too soft and it’s best to keep these balls chilled.
The Oreo truffles will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. You can also freeze these for up to 2 months.
Other Christmas Truffle Recipes
Oreo Balls Recipe
- 1 16 ounce package OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies divided
- 1 8 ounce package Cream Cheese softened
- 2 8 ounce packages semi-sweet baking chocolate melted
- Crush 9 of the cookies to fine crumbs in food processor (or place in a zip lock baggies and use a rolling pin); reserve for later use. Crush remaining 36 cookies to fine crumbs; place in medium bowl. Add softened cream cheese; mix until well blended. Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1-inch in size.
- Dip balls in the melted chocolate; place on wax paper-covered tray or baking sheet. Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store the Oreo balls in a air tight container in refrigerator.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.