Air Fryer Apple Pie Bombs are tiny little bites of fried apple pie that you can pop in your mouth. They are so tasty when you serve them warm, fresh out of the Air Fryer!
Honestly, when I first bought an Air Fryer I had no idea how versatile it was and just how often I would use it. Over time, I have made so many terrific Air Fryer Recipes that I’ve shared here with you. This is the latest!
Air Fryer Apple Pie Bombs
To make this, you need just a handful of ingredients (most of which you’ve probably already got like butter and sugar) and about 20 minutes of time. Let’s gather everything up and spend some one on one time in the kitchen with our beloved Air Fryer.
Ingredients You Will Need
- Biscuits. We use canned biscuit dough but if you are an expert biscuit maker and want to do this from scratch, go for it.
- Apple Pie Filling. Most of the apples that come in these jars are too big to fit in a dessert this small, so dice them up to smaller bite-sized pieces.
- Apple Pie Spice. If you don’t have this handy, you can make your own pretty simply. Down in the recipe box you will find it in the notes section.
- Cinnamon. This is to season the apples and to dust the outside of the pie.
- Sugar. Also to dust the outside of the pie bites.
- Butter. A whole stick, melted.
How To Make Apple Pie Bombs
- Make the sugar and apple pie spice mix.
- Stir apples with cinnamon.
- Divide the 8 biscuits in half to make 16 pieces of dough. Shape them into circles.
- Spoon the filling onto a biscuit leaving room around the edges.
- Pull the edges together and roll into a ball.
- Cook in the Air Fryer until they are golden brown.
- Let them cool and then dip into melted butter, then into the sugar mixture you made earlier.
You are seriously going to love these miniature apple pies. If you are someone who loves apple pie but hates all the work, this is a great alternative when you have a craving!
This could definitely go well with a cup of coffee in the morning or a glass of milk. You could even pile a few warm mini apple pies into a bowl and top them with vanilla ice cream!
More Recipes To Try Next
Air Fryer Apple Blueberry Wontons
Air Fryer Apple Pie Bombs
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple pie spice**
- 8 ounces Pillsbury Grand Biscuits (I used an 8 oz can)
- 1 cup apple pie filling cut apples into small bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted (one stick)
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and apple pie spice. Set aside.
- Open the can of the biscuits and pull each biscuit apart in the middle, dividing them equally, so you now have 16 circles.
- Roll each circle into a thin round shape, about 3-4 inches in size.**
- In a medium bowl, combine the apple pie filling pieces with the cinnamon. Stir together to combine well, so the apple bites are coated.
- Place a spoonful of the filling into the center of each circle of dough, leaving about ¼ inch around the edges.
- Grab the edges and pull up, then pinch them together, making small round balls.
- Use parchment paper with holes, or lightly brush the basket of your air fryer with olive oil. Depending on the size of your basket, place bombs in the basket and leave about ½ inch in between each piece. Don’t overcrowd or overlap in the basket. Work in batches if necessary.
- Cook them in the air fryer at 350 degrees for about 6-8 minutes, until the biscuits are golden brown.
- Once they are all cooked, dip each piece into the melted butter, then dip into the combined sugar and spice mixture. Repeat until all of the pieces are coated.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- Air Fryer
¾ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp allspice
¼ tsp ground cloves
¼ tsp ginger **When rolling the biscuits, I found that if you cover them with parchment paper, you can roll over the paper without the biscuits sticking to your rolling pin, and it will peel away easily.