These delicious Andes Mint Chocolate Cupcakes are truly decadent cupcakes that are sure to make everyone reach for a second. These chocolate cupcakes are topped with homemade chocolate ganache and then with mint frosting and pieces of Andes mints. The cupcakes are then topped off with Grasshopper cookies and a drizzle of ganache.
If you love this Andes Chocolate Mint Cupcakes, you will love the Andes Mint Poke Cake.
Andes Mint Chocolate Cupcakes
These Andes chocolate mint cupcakes are so good. Anyone who has a weakness for chocolate mint is going to be in heaven with these cupcakes. The moist and airy cupcakes are perfect for celebrating St. Patrick’s Day but they are also perfect for any time of the year.
Ingredients You Will Need
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Light brown sugar
- Canola oil
- Vanilla extract
- Unsalted sweet cream butter
- Powdered sugar
- Mint green food coloring
- Mint extract
- Heavy whipping cream
- Semi sweet chocolate chips
- Heavy whipping cream
- Grasshopper cookies
How to Make Mint Chocolate Cupcakes
Line a cupcake pan with liners and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
Add the sugar and brown sugar and mix until it is combined.
Mix in the oil, buttermilk, egg, and vanilla.
Add the batter to the cupcake liners and fill them 3/4 of the way full.
Bake the cupcakes for 21 minutes.
When the cupcakes are done, remove them from the oven.
Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool
How to Make Mint Frosting
Beat together the butter, powdered sugar, mint extract, and heavy cream together, using a mixer, until it is combined, smooth and starts to form stiff peaks.
Next, beat in mint food coloring and then scoop the frosting into the piping bag.
Set it aside for later.
How to Make Chocolate Ganache
In a small saucepan, heat the heavy whipping cream until it starts steaming.
While the cream is heating, place the chocolate chips into a heat safe bowl.
Once the cream is hot enough, pour it over the chocolate chips and let it sit for 1 minute.
Then whisk the chocolate and cream until it is smooth.
Place 1/2 cup of the chocolate ganache into a squeeze bottle.
How to Decorate the Cupcakes
First, dip the top of the cupcakes into the chocolate.
Sprinkle some of the Andes baking chips onto the cupcakes and allow it to set for 10 minutes.
Pipe a small amount of frosting on to the center of the cupcake and sprinkle some more Andes chips onto the frosting.
Drizzle some of the chocolate ganache over the frosting with the squeeze bottle and place a cut cookie in the middle.
Are These Grasshopper Cupcakes?
Grasshopper Cupcakes are chocolate cupcakes that have mint in them. These chocolate cupcakes have Grasshopper cookies on top of the frosting and there are mint chocolate chips in the cupcakes. These make delicious Grasshopper cupcakes.
What Can I Substitute for Andes Mints in These Chocolate Cupcakes?
If you do not have Andes Mints available you can use mint chocolate chips instead. There is a slightly different flavor but it is not a significant difference. You can also use the actual Andes Mint candies that are cut into pieces.
Andes Mint Chocolate Cupcakes
For the chocolate cupcakes:
- 1 C flour
- ¼ C unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ C light brown sugar
- ½ C sugar
- ⅓ C Canola oil
- ½ C buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 3 C powdered sugar
- 2-3 drops of mint green food coloring
- 2 tsp mint extract
- 5 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ C heavy whipping cream
- 2 C andes baking chips
- 22 grasshopper cookies cut in half
- Preheat Oven to 350 degree and line cupcake pan with cupcake liners
- In a large bowl, add together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, mix to combine
- Add in the sugar and brown sugar stir until combined.
- Add the oil, buttermilk, egg, and vanilla extract. Stir until combined.
- Fill cupcake liner 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 21 minutes.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven.
- Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the butter, powdered sugar, mint extract and heavy whipping cream until combined, smooth and thick peak star to form
- Beat in until combined the mint food coloring
- Scoop frosting into the piping bag and set aside
- Using a small pot, heat up the heavy whipping cream until steaming
- While heavy whipping cream is heating up, place chocolate chips into a heat-proof bowl
- Once the heavy whipping cream is heated, pour over the chocolate chips
- Allow to sit for 1 minute before whisking until smooth
- Scoop ½ C into a squeeze bottle
- Dip the cupcakes into the chocolate
- Sprinkle a bit of the andes baking chips onto the cupcakes
- Allow to set for 10 minutes
- Pipe a small amount of frosting into the center of the cupcake
- Sprinkle some more andes onto the frosting
- Drizzle chocolate ganache over the frosting with the squeeze bottle
- Place a cut cookie in the middle
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.