Andes Mint Poke Cake
This Andes Mint Poke Cake is a delicious chocolate cake that is filled with chocolate fudge, pudding and topped with homemade mint whipped cream. This cake is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day or for anyone who loves mint. If you are looking for the best Mint Chocolate Poke Cake, this is the recipe you have to save.
If you love mint desserts, you will also love Chocolate Mint Brownies.
Andes Mint Chocolate Poke Cake
The first time I was thinking about making this cake I wanted the perfect mint poke cake that would be great as a St Patrick’s Day dessert. This cake has everything. Mint flavor, rich chocolate cake and fluffy whipped cream. When it comes to ease and taste, it doesn’t get easier than a poke cake.
- Chocolate cake mix, including the ingredients on the box
- Hot fudge
- Instant chocolate pudding mix
- Heavy whipping cream
- Mint extract
- Green food coloring
- Andes mint chopped candies
How to Make a Mint Chocolate Cake
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 13*9 cake pan with grease and flour.
Make the cake according to the box and bake it in the baking dish for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Remove the cake from the oven and poke holes in the top of the cake.
Heat the hot fudge for 30 seconds and stir it until it is relatively smooth and then pour it over the cake. Let it cool completely.
In a bowl, mix together the pudding mix with 2 cups of milk and mix it for 2 minutes.
Pour the pudding over the hot fudge on the cake.
Place the cake in the refrigerator for about an hour.
Using a mixer, whip the heavy cream until it has soft peaks and then slowly add the sugar and mint extract and beat it until it forms stiff peaks.
Add food coloring and stir it until it is well combined.
Spread the whipped topping over the top of the cake and then sprinkle with the chopped Andes candies.
Store the cake in the refrigerator. Be sure to keep it wrapped well.
Cut, serve and enjoy.
Does a Chocolate Poke Cake need to Be Refrigerated?
When you make this chocolate poke cake, you will want to make sure it is refrigerated. The cake has pudding which is made with milk and this will spoil if it is left out. It is also topped with whipped cream, which needs to be refrigerated. The cake should not be left out at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
More Poke Cake Recipes
If you love poke cake, you are going to love these other poke cake recipes. There are so many twists on poke cakes, that you can make them with so many flavors. I know you are going to love these easy to make poke cake recipes.
- Chocolate Turtle Poke Cake (6-ingredients)
- Christmas Red Velvet Poke Cake
- 4th of July Poke Cake
- Heath Bar Poke Cake
- Raspberry Lemonade Poke Cake
Andes Mint Poke Cake
- 1 chocolate cake mix including the ingredients on the box
- 1 12.8 oz jar of hot fudge
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 C milk
- 2 C heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 C sugar
- 1/2 TSP mint extract
- green food coloring
- 1 C andes mint chopped candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Prepare cake per the package instructions.
- Pour into prepared dish and bake for 20-25 minutes, until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and poke holes all over the top of the cake.
- Heat the hot fudge for 30 seconds, until it is relatively smooth.
- Pour over the cake while hot.
- Let cool completely.
- In a bowl mix together pudding mix and 2 cups of milk for 2 minutes.
- Pour over cooled cake.
- Place in the fridge and let stand for about an hour.
- Whip heavy cream to soft peaks.
- Slowly add sugar and mint extract.
- Beat until stiff peaks.
- Add food coloring and stir until combined.
- Spread whipped topping over the top of the cake.
- Sprinkle with chopped candies.
- Store in the fridge.