These Apple Cider Bourbon Shots are like Fall on your taste buds with sweet diced cinnamon and sugar-coated apples and your favorite whiskey.
Fall Whiskey Shots
Autumn has just gotten better with these delicious apple cider shots. This is a treat that can’t be beaten and it’s so simple and quick to make. If you are an apple cider lover during the Fall, then this adult-friendly shot will be the perfect choice for you. These shots are cool, refreshing, sweet, and crunchy with bits of apples in them.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Apple Cider: You can always buy store-bought, but if you have a homemade recipe, you can use that as well.
Bourbon: Use your favorite kind of Fall whiskey or look below in “Tips & Tricks” for some great ideas.
Apples: Use any type of apples for this recipe or look below for some ideas on the best Fall apples.
Cinnamon: You will use a mixture of cinnamon and sugar to coat the apples.
How To Make Apple Cider Bourbon Shots
Step 1. In a large heat-safe measuring pitcher, pour in the apple cider and heat for 2 minutes in the microwave. Take it out of the microwave and open the gelatin and sprinkle it into the warmed cider. Combine and allow it to sit for 5 minutes before adding in the bourbon and mixing. Add into the shot glasses and chill in the fridge for 4 hours to let the gelatin thicken.
Step 2. Once set, peel and dice the apple into small pieces and put it into a bowl. Mix the cinnamon and sugar in another bowl and add to the apples and mix to coat. Put a few coated apples on top of the shots before serving. Enjoy!
What Is The Best Kind Of Bourbon To Use?
During the Autumn season, Bourbon tends to be very popular. There are many types of bourbon that are perfect to use for your recipes this Fall. I recommend Bourbon like Apple Kentucky Straight Whiskey, Fire Cinnamon Whiskey, American Honey Whiskey, or Apple Crisp Whiskey. But, remember that you can use whatever whiskey you have on hand.
Tips & Tricks
- If you want more flavor on these shots instead of just using cinnamon, you can use pumpkin spice. If you don’t have pumpkin spice all you need to make it is a blend of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, all-spice, and cloves.
- Use your favorite kind of apples for these shots, if you need some ideas, you can try granny smith, Gala, honey crisp, etc.
- Keep the shots stored in the fridge until you are ready to serve to keep them cool.
More Apple Cider Recipes:
- Apple Cider Whoopie Pies
- Caramel Apple Cider Bourbon Cocktail
- Apple Cider Doughnut Holes
- Apple Cider Bundt Cake
Apple Cider Bourbon Shots
- 2 packages Gelatin Unflavored
- 2 cups Apple Cider
- 1/2 cup Bourbon
- 2 Ripe Apples peeled and diced
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- Pour the Apple Cider into a large microwave-safe measuring pitcher. Microwave for 2 minutes and remove.
- Open the envelopes/packages of Unflavored Gelatin, and sprinkle over the top of the cider.
- Stir well to mix, and let sit for 5 minutes. Add Bourbon, and stir to mix.
- Pour into shot glasses, and place in the refrigerator for 4 hours to let the Gelatin thicken/set up. When the Gelatin has been set up in the Shot Glasses,
- Peel the ripe Apple, and dice it into small pieces (See photo). Place Apple pieces in a bowl.
- In another small bowl, mix the Cinnamon, and Sugar, sprinkle over the Apple pieces, and stir well to coat.
- Place a few of the Apple pieces on top of each Shot before serving. Serve, and Enjoy!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.