All the flavors of fall are here in this delicious Thanksgiving drink. Our Thanksgiving Margarita is the best cocktail recipe for autumn with tequila, apple cider, juice and rimmed with brown sugar. This one looks just a good as it tastes.
A Festive Fall Cocktail
The flavors in this drink – apple, orange, pear, apricot – go together so well for a fall cocktail. If you’re busy planning your Thanksgiving menu this week, go ahead and add these ingredients to your list. This drink is perfect for sipping on while you prepare your Green Bean Casserole and Pecan Pie.
I like making drinks that are made individually because each glass has the perfect ratio of ingredients and you don’t have to worry about it getting watered down quickly. You can use margarita glasses for this (or any glass, really) but I prefer to use wide, stemless wine glasses. They’re just easier to hold onto.
Here Is What You’ll Need
Grab these ingredients for a delicious Harvest Margarita.
- Tequila 1800: If you’ve got a different tequila you’d prefer, that’s fine.
- Orange Liquor: Again, you can grab any orange liquor brand you’d like to use.
- Apple Cider: I know lots of people have a favorite homemade cider recipe and that or pre-made at the store works great.
- Juices: Apricot Juice and pear juice.
- Brown Sugar: To rim the glass. You can skip this part if you prefer.
- Simple Syrup: This is what we use to stick the brown sugar to the rim.
- Pear or Apple Slice: Just for garnish, so you can leave this off if you’d like to.
- Cinnamon Stick: Also optional – but looks really cool on the glass!
How To Make A Thanksgiving Margarita
All of our by the glass cocktail recipes are super easy because essentially, you are just adding the ingredients in and then stirring them up. It’s almost too easy to make a delicious drink!
- Prep your glass. To rim the cup, grab a couple of shallow dishes and pour a little simple syrup into one and a little brown sugar to another. Give the glass a couple of minutes for the sugar to harden up before you add the juice in.
- Make the cocktail. First, pour in each of the juices and the cider into the glass and stir (the order is not important.) Then, add in ice. Next, top the drink with tequila and stir. Lastly, top the whole thing off with orange liquor.
- Garnish. Grab a cinnamon stick and slice of an apple or a pear and add to the top of the glass.
All that is left is to enjoy. Make sure you save this or Pin It for later because trust me, you will be asked for the recipe!
More Thanksgiving Cocktails:
Thanksgiving Margarita Cocktail
- 1 ½ oz Tequila 1800
- ½ oz Orange liquor
- 2 oz Apple Cider
- 1 oz Apricot Juice
- 1 oz Pear Juice
- 2 tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Simple syrup
- Pear or apple slice to garnish
- Cinnamon stick for garnish
- On a small appetizer plate pour 2 tbsp of simple syrup.
- On a separate appetizer plate pour 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Dip the cocktail glass into the simple syrup and then into the brown sugar. Keep the glass in the brown sugar for 3-4 minutes to allow the sugar to harden.
- In your rimmed cocktail glass add your juices and stir to combine Fill with ice.
- Pour the 1800 tequila in and lightly stir.
- Top with Orange liquor.
- Top with a pear slice and cinnamon stick.