Do you have a love for donuts? Well, these Lemon Donuts may just have you falling in love even more. This delicious baked donut recipe is so easy to make!
These baked Lemon Donuts are so lovely! This recipe only calls for a handful of ingredients that you may already have in your kitchen. This recipe is so simple to make and you will have these made in as little as 9 minutes. These Donuts are perfect for breakfast with a cup of coffee or by themselves, so be sure to keep this recipe handy!
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Sugar- Every great dessert recipe uses sugar in the ingredients.
- Baking powder- This will allow your donuts to rise and form.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Buttermilk- You can use milk with a bit of vinegar in it as a substitute.
- Eggs- Use eggs that are at room temperature.
- Lemon Extract- Use pure lemon extract for the best flavoring.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Lemon Juice- Use fresh lemon juice for the best-enhanced flavor.
- Lemon Zest- Zest your lemons before juicing them.
How to Make Sugared Lemon Donuts
Set your oven to 350 degrees.
Use pam to evenly spray a 6 cavity donut pan.
Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl and whisk to combine.
Mix in the buttermilk, eggs, butter, lemon juice, extract, and zest into the bowl and whisk to combine.
Add the batter into a piping bag, then cut the tip off with scissors.
Add the batter into the prepared pan using the piping bag.
Put into the oven for 9 minutes.
Take out and put onto a cooling rack.
Continue these steps until all the batter is used.
Take out two small bowls and put sugar and lemon zest in one and melted butter in the other bowl.
Lift your donut and dip the top of it into the melted butter, then dip into the sugar. Repeat this until all the donuts have been dipped.
Serve and Enjoy!
Can These Be Made Into Lemon Donut Holes?
These Lemon Donuts are incredible and they can definitely be made into bite-sized holes. You can change the measuring around to fit that of a donut hole recipe. These will have no change in flavor, they will just be bite-sized.
Tips For Keeping Donuts From Going Stale
The best way to keep your donuts from going stale is to store them correctly. Storing them in an airtight container will keep them from going stale too fast. This will also help with the shelf life as well.
Other Delicious Lemon Desserts
- 2 C flour
- ¾ C sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¾ C buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ tsp lemon extract
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- Large disposable piping bag
- Lemon Sugar Coating ingredients
- ½ C sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- ½ C unsalted butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 6 cavity donut pan with pam baking spray
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt until combined
- Whisk in the buttermilk, eggs, butter, lemon juice, lemon extract, and lemon zest until combined
- Scoop the batter into the large piping bag and cut the tip-off
- Pipe batter into the donut pan
- Bake in the oven for 9 minutes
- Remove and allow to cool for a few minutes before placing onto a wire rack
- Repeat steps until all the batter have been used
- Using two small bowls, add the sugar and lemon zest into one bowl then the melted butter into the second bowl
- Dip the top of the donuts into the melted
- Dip the donuts into the sugar
- Place onto a wire rack
- Repeat with remaining donuts