You are going to love this easy Lemon Nothing Bundt Cake recipe. This cake is sweet and tart and topped with homemade cream cheese frosting. This copycat version tastes just like the Nothing Bundt Cakes lemon cake recipe.
Copycat Nothing Bundt Cake Lemon Recipe
I love my Nothing Bundt Cakes White Raspberry Bundt Cake and wanted to make this easy lemon cake version. It is so light and airy and has the most incredible flavor.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Lemon cake mix-Using a lemon cake mix adds flavor and is a simple base.
- Instant lemon pudding mix- This makes the cake very moist.
- Sour cream- Sour cream helps to make the cake tender.
- Eggs- It is best to use room temperature eggs.
- Canola oil- You can also use vegetable.
- Lemon juice- You want fresh lemon juice for the best flavor.
- Cream Cheese Frosting– Cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract.
How to Make an Easy Lemon Nothing Bundt Cake
- Beat together the cake ingredients and instant pudding mix until it is well combined.
- Pour the cake batter mixture into a prepared Bundt cake pan and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool completely and then place it into the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, make the cream cheese frosting.
- Add the cream cheese frosting into a piping bag and use a round tip to pipe the frosting onto the cake.
- Cut into slices and enjoy.
Can I Make This in Any Cake Pan?
While I like making this as a Bundt cake, since it is a copycat of the Nothing Bundt Cake Lemon Bundt cake, you can make it in a sheet cake or 9×13 inch pan. It will change the cook time, however, depending on the pan. You can also use this recipe for lemon cupcakes.
Does Lemon Cake Need Refrigeration?
The cake itself doesn’t need to be refrigerated, the cream cheese frosting does. I place the cake in the refrigerator to help cool it and have it firm up, but then it goes in the refrigerator in order to keep the cream cheese frosting from spoiling.
More Lemon Desserts
Lemon Nothing Bundt Cake Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9inch round bundt pan with baking spray
- Using a standing mixer, beat the cake mix, pudding, sour cream, eggs,
- oil, lemon juice and water until combined
- Pour the batter into the bundt pan
- Bake in the oven for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool completely
- Place into the fridge overnight
- Make the cream cheese frosting.
- Scoop into the piping bag
- Cut the tip off the piping bag
- Pipe onto the frosting onto the bundt cake
- Cut into slices and enjoy!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 1 disposable piping bag