This decadent Cream Puff Recipe is so delicious and the perfect recipe idea to share with your friends and family. These strawberry cream puffs are great for any occasion like breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Make this lovely dessert for a special occasion or just because you crave the incredible flavor.
Cream Puff Recipe
These Strawberry Cream Puffs are so good! You have a wonderful blend of ingredients to create a fluffy and flakey outer puff pastry. The inside is a beautifully creamy and smooth whipped filling that will just melt in your mouth. These are definitely going to be a favorite with your loved ones. For holidays, I like to make cream puffs with No Bake Eclair Cake or Easy Eclair Cake Recipe.
- Butter- This will need to be cold and unsalted to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Sugar- Every great dessert uses sugar in the recipe.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Water- This will be used in your batter.
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for the best flavoring.
- Eggs- Use eggs that are at room temperature.
- Cream Cheese- Use softened or at room temperature.
- Powdered Sugar- This is the perfect sugar for the homemade frosting.
- Vanilla Extract- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Strawberries- Use fresh strawberries for the best taste and dice finely to add to the icing.
- Heavy Whipping cream- This will help with the consistency of your filling.
- Chocolate Chips- You can add dark or milk chocolate for this recipe.
How to Make a Homemade Cream Puffs
Cream Puff Shells
Set the oven to 425 degrees and use parchment paper to line a baking sheet.
In a medium saucepan, put in the butter, salt, sugar, and a cup of water for about 4 minutes. Switch the heat to medium-high and let the mixture boil.
Begin to add in the flour fairly quickly and continuously mix with a wooden spoon until firm.
Take away from the heat and add to a bowl.
Allow to cool, then one at a time, add in your eggs and mix to fully incorporate into the batter.
Add the batter into a pastry bag and use a 5/8-inch tip.
Add rounds to the prepared sheets about 2 inches wide. If you accidentally make peaks at the top of the batter, put some water on your fingers and smooth down.
Make an egg wash with the remaining egg with some water. Use a brush to gently add the mixture to the top of the dough mounds.
Place in the preheated oven on the middle rack and bake for about 15 minutes. Turn down the heat to 375 degrees and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until light brown.
Switch off the oven and prop the oven door using the handle of a wooden spoon between the oven and door. Let the puffs remain in the oven until it becomes warm, then take them out and place onto a wire rack.
Strawberry Whipped Cream Filling
In an electric mixer, add the cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar and beat until creamy and smooth.
You will want to gradually add in the cream cheese on medium-high and combine until stiff peaks form using a whisk attachment.
Add in the strawberries and fold in with a spatula.
Add the chocolate chips into a heat-safe bowl and place them into the microwave to heat in intervals of 15 seconds until melted. Let the chocolate cool down if it is too hot or too thin of a mixture.
Assembly for Cream Puff Recipe
Cut the tops of the puff shells with a bread knife.
Add the cream filling onto the bottom half of the puff pastry using a 4-B open star tip. Make sure to pipe it out against the edges.
Put on the tops of each puff and sprinkle a dusting of powdered sugar on top.
When the chocolate drizzle is cooled enough, add on top before serving. Put the chocolate in the fridge to help speed the cooling down process.
If you have any leftovers, they can be stored in the fridge.
Serve and Enjoy!
Can Cream Puffs Be Frozen?
With this lovely Puff recipe, you can definitely freeze them. You can place them in a sealed container and the shelf life will last a lot longer. You can also make the puffs, put them in the freezer, and make the filling later.
Do I Have to Refrigerate This Cream Puff Recipe?
Cream Puffs have a delicious whipped filling inside of them. In this whipped filling is a few ingredients, one of them including cream cheese. Being that there is cream cheese in these, you will need to place these into the fridge to keep them from spoiling too fast.
More Special Dessert Recipes
- Strawberry Lemon Icebox Dessert (No-Bake)
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Dessert
- Easy Red Velvet Cake Recipe (3-ingredients)
- Easy Peach Pie Bars
- Mounds Cheesecake (Instant Pot)
Strawberry Filled Cream Puff Recipe
Cream Puff Shells
- 4 oz cold butter cut into pieces
- 1½ tsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 c. water
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 4 LG eggs
- 1 LG egg for wash
- 1 tsp water
Strawberry Whipped Cream Filling and Chocolate Drizzle
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c fresh strawberries diced fine to fit through icing tip
- 2 c heavy whipping cream cold
- 1 c chocolate chips dark or milk
- Preheat the oven to 425° Cover baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add butter, salt, sugar, and 1 cup of water to a medium saucepan. Turn the heat to medium-high. Let come to a boil and quickly add in the flour, stirring with a wooden spoon. Stir continuously until a film appears on the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from heat and pour into a bowl. Allow cooling for approx. 4 min. After cooled, stir in 4 eggs, one at a time, incorporating each completely.
- Fill a pastry bag with the dough, attaching a 5/8- inch plain icing tip.
- Pipe 2-inch rounds onto the baking sheet. If there are peaks on the tops of the rounds, gently smooth them down with a moistened finger.
- Whisk the remaining egg together with the teaspoon of water to make the wash. Brush gently over the tops of the pastry rounds.
- Bake for 15 min. on the center rack of the oven then reduce oven to 375° and continue baking for approx. 20 min. or until golden brown. Turn the oven off and place the handle of a wooden spoon between the oven and the door to prop open. Keep the cream puff shells in the oven until the oven has cooled to just warm. Remove puffs to a wire rack to cool completely.
Strawberry Whipped Cream Filling
- Beat cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar with an electric mixer until creamy and smooth.
- Slowly add in cream with the mixer on medium-high using the whisk attachment until stiff peaks form.,
- Gently fold in the diced strawberries.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in short increments (15 seconds) until melted. Allow cooling a bit if too hot and thin.
- Using a bread knife, cut off the tops of each cream puff shell.
- Pipe each shell very full of cream, using a 4-B open star tip. taking it out to the edges.
- Place tops back on and dust with powdered sugar.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the tops.
- Allow chocolate to set up a bit before serving. Can place in the refrigerator to hurry up this process.
- Store any leftovers covered in the refrigerator.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.