In Bite-sized treats are the best kind of dessert. You can add them to a dessert buffet, take them on the go, or just have them for any occasion. These Lemon Snowball Cookies are where it’s at! These little bite-sized cookies are small, simple to make, and super good.
Lemon Snowball Cookies
These Lemon Snowball Cookies are super delicious! The recipe is very simple to make and with just a few ingredients, you will have the perfect bite-sized cookies in just 15 minutes. You will want to share these cookies with your friends and family and they will definitely want the recipe too. Combine these lemon snowball cookies with Magic Lemon Cobbler and Easy Lemon Bundt Cake to have the best lemon dessert treats.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Powdered Sugar- This will be used to roll the cookies in.
- Lemon Juice- Use freshly squeezed lemon juice for the best-enhanced flavor.
- Lemon Zest- It’s always good to zest the lemons before juicing.
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour to have the best results.
- Salt– This will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
How to Make Lemon Snowball Cookies
Set your oven to 350 degrees and use a silicone mat to line two cookie sheets.
In a large bowl, add the butter and powder sugar using a hand mixer to beat until combined.
Mix in the lemon juice.
Add the flour, salt, and lemon zest into a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
Slowly combine the two mixtures until it forms a dough.
Scoop the dough into your hands using a small scooper and use your palms to roll the dough into balls.
Continue until the first cookie sheet has 14 dough balls on it.
Then, continue with the second sheet and make sure to have 15 more balls arranged on the sheet.
Put the sheets into the preheated oven and bake for 13-15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes.
Put about 3/4 of a cup of powdered sugar into a medium bowl.
Put each cookie into the sugar and roll around to coat.
Let the cookies rest completely before enjoying.
What are Snowball Cookies Rolled In?
Lemon Snowball Cookies need a nice sweet outer layer to blend well with the tangy flavor of the lemon. The cookies are rolled in powdered sugar for the perfect taste. All you need to do is make the cookies and roll them in the sugar to coat the outside.
Are These Cookies Baked?
Most donuts will be fried in oil for a nice browned donut. However, these Lemon Snowball Cookies will be baked in the oven. Being baked in the oven will help with a nice soft texture and enhance the lemon flavor.
More Cookie Desserts
- Valentine’s Day Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Valentine Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Chip Toffee Pecan Cookies
- Maple Chai Sugar Cookies
- Lemon Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
Lemon Snowball Cookies
- 1 C unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 large lemon zested
- 2 ¼ C flour
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¾ C powdered sugar to roll the cookies in
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with a silicone mat
- Using a large bowl and hand mixer, beat the butter and powdered sugar until combined
- Mix in the lemon juice
- Using a medium bowl whisk together the flour, salt, and lemon zest
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until dough comes together
- Using the scooper, scoop some dough into your hands and roll it into a ball
- Place onto the cookie sheets
- Repeat steps and roll 14 more balls onto the first cookie sheet
- Repeat steps and roll 15 balls onto the second tray
- Place into the oven and bake for 13-15 minutes
- Allow cooling for a few minutes
- Using a medium bowl, add in the ¾ C of the powdered sugar
- Roll each cookie into the powdered sugar
- Allow cooling completely before enjoying
- Small scooper
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
5 comments on “Lemon Snowball Cookies”
I made one batch to try them, and OMG, had to make another one the same day, soooo good
I want to make these for a church picnic this weekend.
Wish I could have seen your video on this. I’m a visual person. Helps me to learn and build my confidence. Thanks!!!
Could you add chopped nuts.?
Oh my soul, are these ever delish! I made them to take to my auntie, who’s health is failing. These were the perfect finish to the soup and sandwich lunch we had…I will DEFINITELY make these again!