Belgian Chocolate Waffles are big and fluffy waffles with a rich and chocolatey flavor topped with your choice of fresh fruit and chocolate syrup. This easy waffle recipe is such a huge hit for breakfast with Kids and Adults.
Chocolate Belgian Waffles
These Waffles are so delicious and simple to make. There is a small list of ingredients to make them and only a few easy steps to follow. Just combine your ingredients, cook, and enjoy! This is the perfect breakfast recipe and can even be made for dessert! You can top these waffles with some of your favorite ice cream and toppings for a dessert.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Biscuit Baking Mix: I love using Bisquick for recipes like this.
Cocoa Powder: Get that rich and chocolatey flavor from cocoa powder. I like to use Hershey’s brand cocoa.
Chocolate Chips: Adding in chocolate chips will give you chunks of melted chocolate in every bite.
How To Make Chocolate Waffles
Step 1. Prep the waffle maker by heating. Add the sifted biscuit mix into a large bowl and combine with sugar and cocoa powder. Put in the water, eggs, oil, and vanilla and combine again before adding the chocolate chips. Use a spatula to fold and combine.
Step 2. Use the cooking spray to grease the hot waffle iron and add about 3/4 cup of the batter into the bottom plate and cover slightly. Allow the waffle to cook for about 2 minutes until firm.
Step 3. Take the waffles out and onto a serving dish and garnish with your favorite fruit or toppings.
Tips For Making Chocolate Waffles:
Here are a few great tips for making the best waffles:
- I love chocolate and if you do too, try adding in more chocolate chips for an ultra-rich and chocolatey waffle.
- Use oil spray to grease the waffle maker between each waffle you make to make sure it doesn’t stick.
- Every waffle maker is different! My waffles only took 2 minutes, but yours may take longer or less time. Make sure to watch your waffles and take off when they are firm and look fully cooked.
What Toppings Go Best With Chocolate Waffles?
There are a ton of great options to put onto our waffles. Here are a few great choices that I like to use for mine:
- Powdered Sugar
- Whipped Cream
- Ice Cream
- Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Syrup
How To Store Belgian Chocolate Waffles?
Place the waffles into an airtight container or Ziploc bag once cooled. You can store them in the fridge or freezer. If you want them to last longer, I recommend the freezer. To keep in the freezer, place the waffles on a sheet pan and place them in the freezer to chill before putting them into an airtight container or Ziploc Bag. This will keep them from sticking to each other.
More Waffle Recipes:
- Root Beer Float Waffles
- Homemade Waffles from Scratch
- Cheesy Cornbread Waffles with Chili
- Nashville Chicken and Waffles
Belgian Chocolate Waffles
Assorted toppings of choice: powdered sugar, strawberries, raspberries, bananas, whipped cream, ice cream, additional chocolate chips, chocolate syrup, etc.
- Heat waffle maker.
- Into a large bowl, sift the biscuit mix to get rid of any lumps. Stir in sugar and cocoa powder.
- Add in water, eggs, oil, and vanilla; mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips until well combined.
- Spray hot waffle iron with cooking spray. Pour batter into the waffle maker until the bottom plate is just barely covered completely (about ¾ cup). Cook for about 2 minutes or until firm.
- Carefully remove waffles and serve with toppings if desired.