Air Fryer Pickles
These Air Fryer Pickles are so simple to make and the taste is phenomenal. You can bring the flavors of deep fried pickles into your own kitchen and have fried pickles whenever the craving hits. These pickles are crispy and are served with the best homemade dipping sauce.
If you don’t already have an Air Fryer, I highly recommend them. You can make so many delicious recipes that are regularly fried that taste just the same using the air fryer without the quilt! We also have a great Air Fryer Tips and Tricks post that you will want to check out.
You can find an Air Fryer HERE!
Air Fryer Pickles Recipe
If you love fried pickles, now you can make them at home. It’s so easy, and the pickles have an amazing flavor. You don’t need to drain the pickles on paper towels like a lot of recipes call for, you just take them from the jar, and drop them in the coating, place them in the air fryer, spray them with oil, and they come out crunchy, and crispy, and so delicious dipped in the tangy sauce. This one will be a favorite.
Ingredients You Will Need:
- Dill pickle chips – The pickle chips are better to use than the pickle spears.
- Shake n Bake Chicken Coating- This is a crumb coating that is designed to make crispy chicken.
- Spray Olive Oil- You want to spray the pickles before you put them in the air fryer. This helps them to crisp without deep frying in oil.
- Miracle Whip- This is the base of the dipping sauce.
- Ketchup- By adding ketchup into the dipping sauce it brings a sweetness and tomato flavor.
- Dill- By adding the dill flavor into the dipping sauce, it brings the flavors together.
- Sugar- You want to add a small amount of sweetness to this sauce using sugar.
- Lemon juice- The lemon juice adds a bit of tanginess to the dipping sauce.
- Garlic salt- The saltiness with the garlic is a nice addition to the dipping sauce.
- Tabasco- You can adjust the amount of heat in the dipping sauce with more or less Tabasco sauce.
How to Make Air Fryer Pickles
With this recipe, you will be able to make a 16 ounce jar of pickle chips.
Taking a few pickles at a time, place them in the Shake n Bake coating. Shake off the excess and then them the chips into the Air Fryer basket.
Fill the basket and then spray them with oil spray.
Set the fryer to 400 degrees and cook for 9 minutes.
Make the sauce by combining the ingredients.
Once the pickles are done baking, serve them warm with the dipping sauce.
What Pickles are Best for Frying?
I prefer using pickle chips instead of using spears. Too often, when biting into the spears, even at the restaurants, the pickles come out from the breading. When eating the pickle chips, the pickles stay inside the breading easier.
Are Fried Pickles Good Reheated?
When the pickles are cooled, they do not taste as good. The pickles are best eaten warm right after they are made. If you have leftovers and you want to reheat them, it is best to reheat the pickles in the oven or the air fryer. Reheating the fried pickles in the microwave is not recommended.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You Will Love
Air Fryer Pickles Recipe
- 1 16 ounce jar of Dill pickle chips
- 1 package of extra crunchy Shake n Bake Chicken Coating
- Spray Olive Oil
FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1 cup of Miracle Whip
- 1/4 cup of Ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon of Dill
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 3 - 4 shakes of Tabasco - or more if you like your sauce spicy
- Take a few of the dill pickle chips from the jar of pickles, and place them in the Extra Crunchy Shake n Bake coating.
- Shake the pickles in the coating mix, to completely coat them, and then lay the pickles in the Air Fryer.
- Spray the pickles with the Spray Olive oil.
- Repeat coating the pickles, placing them in the air fryer, and spraying them with Spray olive oil until the air fryer is full.
- Turn the temperature to 400 degrees, and set the time for 9 minutes.
- While they're cooking, make the sauce: In a small bowl, add the Miracle Whip, Ketchup, dill, sugar, lemon juice, garlic salt, and Tabasco.
- Stir well until all ingredients are well blended.
- Serve fried pickles with dipping sauce. Enjoy!