If you love Oatmeal Cookies, you have to save the Best Oatmeal Cookies Recipes. Chewy and soft, these cookies have the most amazing flavor. These cookies are the best oatmeal cookies you will ever make.
Best Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
Oatmeal cookies are a true classic cookie. It is one of those cookies that everyone loves. When you make these amazing cookies, I recommend you make a double batch because they are going to disappear.
- Butter- Be sure to use salted butter for this recipe.
- Brown sugar- This will add more flavor and add moisture.
- Vanilla- Be sure to use pure vanilla for best flavoring.
- Water- This will be mixed with the vanilla.
- Baking soda- This will help your cookies rise in the oven.
- Flour- Use all purpose flour for the best results
- Rolled oats- Be sure to use Old Fashioned oats for these cookies.
- Salt- The salt will bring out the flavors in your cookies.
How to Make This Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
Set your oven to 350 degrees.
Using parchment paper, line a pan, and set aside.
Cream together the butter and brown sugar in a large bowl.
Pour in your water and vanilla and stir well.
Add in the dry ingredients that consist of flour, rolled oats, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.
Add dough to the pan using a tablespoon and press down with a fork.
For 14-16 minutes bake in the oven or until light brown.
Let the cookies cool on the pan before placing on a cooling rack to cool thoroughly.
Can I Use Quick Oats in Cookies?
You do not want to use quick cooking oats. The texture is not the same and it will not make a delicious cookie. You need to use old fashion oats for this recipe.
Why are My Cookies Dry?
Your cookies could be dry because you did not follow all of the steps in this recipe. Another reason the cookies are dry is because you have over baked them. Be sure to follow the steps to get the best tasting cookie.
More Cookie Recipes
- Pumpkin Spice Snowball Cookies
- Apricot Walnut Thumbprint Cookies
- Zucchini Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Dark Chocolate Cookies
- Apple Snickerdoodle Cookies
The Best Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and the brown sugar.
- Add the water and the vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour, rolled oats, baking soda and salt and stir until combined.
- Scoop by tablespoons onto the prepared tray. Use a fork to press the cookies down.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, until the cookies are light brown.
- Allow cookies to cool on the pan for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.