Bruschetta is a simple and quick Italian appetizer recipe that combines diced vegetables, balsamic vinegar, oil, and seasonings. This is a refreshing party appetizer that is perfect as a snack or to pass around at a gathering that everyone will love.
Italian Bruschetta Recipe
Bruschetta is a popular and quick Italian appetizer that tastes so good. All you need is a few simple ingredients that you may already have in your kitchen and mix. This fresh and delicious recipe is definitely a must-try if you have never had it before.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Seasonings: You will need some fresh minced Basil along with salt and pepper for taste.
Vegetables: You will need diced tomatoes, garlic, and red onions. I prefer using red onions, but you can use other types if desired.
Balsamic Vinegar: This will add flavor to the dressing that is used for Bruschetta.
Baguette: I love using French-style bread for this recipe. It tastes the best.
How To Make Bruschetta
Step 1. Add the tomatoes, garlic, 2 tablespoons olive oil, red onion, salt, and pepper into a medium bowl and combine. Keep in the fridge for 20 minutes or in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
Step 2. Set the oven to 400 degrees and cut your baguette into slices before placing it onto a sheet lined with parchment paper.
Step 3. Brush both sides of each slice of bread with the rest of the 3 tablespoons of oil. Heat 1 cup of balsamic vinegar in a saucepan over medium-high heat to make the glaze while the oven preheats. Once ready, bake the bread for 8-10 minutes until light brown.
Step 4. Mix the vinegar for 20-25 minutes until thick and coat the spoon. Place it aside. Once the bread and vinegar are ready. Take the tomato mixture out of the fridge. Add in half the basil and combine.
Step 5. Put the tomato mixture on top of each baguette and drizzle with the balsamic glaze and more basil if desired. Serve and enjoy!
What To Serve With Bruschetta?
Bruschetta is absolutely amazing by itself but tastes great with almost any recipe. Have it along with chicken, steak, soup, etc. This is a recipe that will balance out hot food and taste just as good, along with other dishes.
How Long Does Bruschetta Last?
Bruschetta tastes best when eaten right away. But, when stored in an airtight container and placed in the fridge. It can last up to 2-3 days in the fridge.
More Italian Recipes:
- ½ cup Fresh Basil minced into ribbons, reserve some for topping
- 4 Roma tomatoes finely diced
- 1 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves Garlic finely minced or grated
- 1 Baguette French style
- 5 Tbsp Olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup Red onion finely diced
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, 2 tablespoons olive oil, red onion, salt, and pepper.
- Place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes. You can leave it in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
- While that sits, preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Slice your baguette and place it on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Use the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil to brush both sides of each slice of bread. While the oven preheats, place a saucepan on medium-high heat with 1 cup of balsamic vinegar to make your balsamic glaze.
- Once your oven preheats, place your baguette in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Stir the balsamic vinegar occasionally for about 20-25 minutes until it thickens and coats the back of your spoon. Set aside.
- Once the glaze and baguette are ready, take out your tomato mixture and stir in half of your basil.
- Top each baguette evenly with tomato mixture and top with glaze and more basil. Enjoy!