Italian Wedding Cookies are simple and easy to make. This recipe can indeed be made for special occasions or to enjoy at home. With a small list of ingredients and a few minutes of your time, you can have melt in your mouth cookies ready to eat in minutes.
Italian Wedding Cookies
This Cookies recipe is really good and only takes about 16 minutes to make, so if you’re looking for a quick recipe, here it is! Most ingredients you may already have at home, so it’s a very easy recipe to make. These cookies are a soft texture with sweet and tasty icing around them. You will also want to check out these other great cookie recipes… Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies and Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Cookies.
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Sugar- Every great dessert recipe uses sugar in it.
- Eggs- Use these at room temperature.
- Almond Extract- Use pure extract for the best flavoring.
- Flour- Use all-purpose for the best results.
- Baking Powder- This will allow your ingredients to rise in the oven.
- Milk- Use whole or 2%.
- Powdered Sugar- This sugar is best for homemade icing.
- Sprinkles- Use Easter sprinkles or the sprinkles of your choice.
How to Make Italian Wedding Cookies
Set the oven to 350 degrees and use parchment paper to line two cookie sheets.
Place the butter and sugar into a large bowl with almond extract until light and fluffy.
Add in the eggs and beat to combine.
Add the flour and baking powder into a medium bowl and combine.
Combine the dry ingredients to the wet and combine.
Scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets using an ice-cream scooper.
Add all of the icing ingredients into a large bowl beside the sprinkles.
Place about 1 tablespoon of the icing onto the finished cookies and let it drip down the sides.
Add some of the sprinkles on top.
Let the icing harden and enjoy!
What are Italian Wedding Cookies?
These Italian Wedding cookies are super soft and chewy cookies. Along with the cookies is a creamy glaze that you will prepare. When the glaze is ready, you will dip the cookies into the glaze and there you have your quick and easy Italian Wedding Cookies.
How to Store Italian Wedding Cookies?
Storing your cookies requires the correct container. Storing your cookies in a Ziploc Bag or Airtight container is the best choice. You can leave it at room temperature, but leaving it in the fridge will help with a longer shelf life.
More Cookie Recipes:
- Circus Animal Cookies (Soft and Chewy)
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- S’mores Stuffed Cookies
- Loaded Chocolate M& M Cookies
Italian Wedding Cookies
- ½ C unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 C sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 – 4 tbsp milk
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 container o sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Using a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar, almond extract until light and fluffy
- Beat in the eggs
- Using a medium bowl, whisk the flour and baking powder
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients
- Beat in the milk until combined
- Using a mini ice cream scooper, scoop out some dough and place it onto the cookie sheet
- Bake cookies 9 -11 minutes
- Using a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients except the sprinkles
- Spoon about 1 tbsp of icing onto the top of the cookies and let drip down
- Sprinkle some easter sprinkles on top
- Allow the icing to harden before enjoying!