Cajun Chicken Pasta
Add a taste of the bayou to your dinner with this easy Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe. It’s perfect for a quick and tasty weeknight meal. The cajun seasoning gives it a spicy kick, while the creamy sauce makes it irresistibly creamy and delicious.
Cajun Chicken Pasta
This Cajun Chicken Pasta is perfect for those busy weeknights. It’s simple to make, and the cajun spices give it a delicious flavor that everyone will love. Serve this pasta dish with some garlic bread and a side salad for a complete meal that your family will love. You can even prepare it ahead of time so you have less work to do when it’s time to eat.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Vegetables: Use yellow, and red bell pepper, garlic, and fire-roasted tomatoes to add a splash of color.
Chicken: This is the main meat of the dish. I like to use tenderloins, but any cut of meat will work.
Chicken Stock: This will be added to the sauce and help with the consistency of the recipe as well as add flavor.
Seasonings: Use cajun seasoning and dried parsley to add a bit of spiciness and flavor.
Heavy Whipping Cream: This will help with the thickness of the sauce and make it more creamy.
Parmesan: Use shredded cheese to add an additional touch of flavor and texture.
How To Make Cajun Chicken Pasta
Step 1. Add some oil into a large saucepan and heat on medium-high. Put in the chicken and cajun seasoning and toss until fully coated. Cooke for about 3-5 minutes until the chicken is golden brown. Transfer to a bowl to keep warm once done.
Step 2. Add the bell peppers into the pan without it rinsed and cook until tender. Put in the garlic and heat until fragrant, try not to burn. Add more cajun seasoning if you desire with this step.
Step 3. Add in the stock, tomatoes, and heavy cream and combine. Bring to a simmer before adding the pasta. Cook until tender for about 12-15 minutes.
Step 4. Turn the temperature down to medium-low and let the sauce thicken. Take away and add in the cooked chicken, parsley, and parmesan. Combine to coat the chicken until fully incorporated.
Step 5. Add salt and pepper for taste and enjoy!
Variations and Add-Ins
- Add vegetables. You can add all kinds of vegetables to this recipe. Like carrots, add them in. Want asparagus, great. Even broccoli and peas work great. Whatever kind of vegetables you love will be a great addition.
- Need to Make it Vegetarian? You can skip the chicken and add tofu or mushrooms.
- Try a different protein. You can use sausage, ground beef, or shrimp in this cajun chicken pasta
How To Store Leftover Cajun Chicken Pasta?
Store any leftover cajun chicken pasta in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat gently on the stovetop or in the microwave until warmed through.
Can Cajun Chicken Pasta Be Frozen?
Yes, this recipe can be frozen. Freeze it in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
More Pasta Recipes:
- One-Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- Slow Cooker Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
- Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi Pasta
- Chicken Pesto Pasta with Tomatoes (5-ingredients)
Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1 lb. chicken tenderloins diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 lb. penne pasta
- 32 oz chicken stock low-sodium
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 tbsp cajun seasoning
- cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp parsley dried
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- In a large saucepan, heat a little bit of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add in your chicken and cajun seasoning. Stir until chicken is fully coated and cook untilthe chicken is brown. This should take about 3-5 minutes.
- Once chicken is cooked, transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Without rinsing the pan, add in the bell peppers and cook until soft. Then add in garlicand cook until fragrant but not burnt. (feel free to add ½ tbsp of cajun seasoning here ifyou want a stronger cajun flavor)
- Pour in the chicken stock, can of tomatoes, and heavy cream. Bring this to a light boil,then add in pasta.
- Stir frequently and cook until pasta is tender. This should take about 12-15 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium/low and allow the sauce to thicken.
- Remove from heat and add in the cooked chicken, parsley, and shredded parmesan. Stirto coat the chicken and incorporate the parsley and parmesan.
- Salt and pepper to taste then serve!