You have to try this easy Chicken Pesto Pasta with Tomatoes to see how delicious it is and easy it is to make. This dinner takes less than 30 minutes and is absolute perfection. Delicious, healthy, and full of flavor, this is one pasta recipe you have to save.
Chicken Pesto Pasta Recipe with Tomatoes
This recipe is one of the easiest dinner ideas. Use store-bought sauce or our easy homemade pesto recipe and leftover chicken, this pasta dish can be on the table in less than 30 minutes. Fast and delicious, this pesto pasta recipe will help you skip the drive-through and have an amazing dinner at home.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Cooked chicken- Chicken breast works the best for this recipe. This is a great way to use leftover chicken. You can also use rotisserie chicken too.
- Rotini pasta- While I love rotini pasta, you can also use any short pasta like penne pasta or rigatoni.
- Pesto sauce- I am using a store-bought pesto sauce but you can use our homemade pesto recipe made from fresh basil.
- Grape tomatoes- Cherry tomatoes will work with this recipe.
- Parmesan cheese- Romano cheese will also work for this recipe.
How to Make Pesto Pasta with Chicken
- To make this recipe you will start by cooking the pasta in boiling water according to the package instructions.
- In a large pot or bowl, toss the cooked rotini together with the basil pesto, chicken, and tomatoes. If the sauce is too thick, add a small amount of pasta water to thin it out.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese and serve the entree either cold or warm.
What To Serve With Pesto Chicken Pasta?
If you are making this recipe and just want something to serve with it, I like to serve
- Garlic bread with homemade Garlic Butter Spread
- Roasted vegetables
- Side salad
How Much Sauce Should I Add to Rotini?
For a typical 1 lb of pasta you will need about 3/4 cup or almost 8 ounces. If the sauce seems too thick, you can add a little of the cooking water to thin the sauce.
How Long Does Chicken Pesto Pasta Last?
Any leftovers can be kept in the fridge in and airtight container for 3-4 days. Freezing is also an option in a freezer-safe storage container for up to 3 months.
Other Great Pasta Recipes
- Lemon Garlic Pasta
- Cheesecake Factory Louisiana Chicken Pasta Recipe
- Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
Chicken Pesto Pasta
- 2 to 3 cups cooked chicken cubed
- 16 ounce rotini pasta
- 6-8 ounce jar prepared pesto sauce
- 2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Toss cooked pasta together with chicken, pesto, and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Serve warm or cold.