When it comes to Shrimp Scampi pasta, this is a truly fabulous recipe. The cilantro and lime give this pasta recipe a unique flavor. Make this Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi for a simple and elegant dinner.
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Scampi Pasta
I love the combination of cilantro and lime. I used it on Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice and then decided it would make an amazing choice for the next time I made shrimp scampi. When the flavors are combined with the shrimp and pasta, this becomes a restaurant quality meal. Also check out these delicious instant pot recipes.
- Shrimp– The shrimp should be cooked and peeled
- Olive oil– Vegetable or canola oil can also be used.
- Red pepper flakes- Red pepper flakes add spice and a little heat without being overwhelming
- Seasonings- I like to use salt, garlic, and cilantro.
- Chicken stock- Using chicken stock adds flavor.
- White cooking wine- White wine is a great way to add flavor to the sauce.
- Lime juice- You will need about 3 tbsp for the shrimp marinade.
- Pasta linguine- You can use whatever kind of pasta you like although linguine is usually used.
How to Make Shrimp Scampi Pasta
Combine the shrimp with lime juice, olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt, and garlic and refrigerate them for 2 hours.
Using the Instant Pot inner pot, break the pasta and add it to the pot.
Add 3 cups of water and 1 tsp of salt.
Place the lid on the pot and then set it for high pressure for 5 minutes.
Do a quick release and set the lid aside.
Add the cooked shrimp, cilantro, chicken stock, wine, and lemon juice.
Coat everything well and serve.
How do I Know My Shrimp is Done Cooking?
When shrimp is cooked, it will look pink and the tail will be red. The inside will look a little white but if the very white or a bright white the shrimp is most likely over cooked.
What Can I Use in Place of White Wine?
If you do not want to use white wine, you can use white wine vinegar mixed with water or you can use chicken stock. You can also use water but it doesn’t add the same amount of flavor as the other choices.
More Pasta Recipes
- Dill Pickle Pasta Salad
- Chicken Pesto Pasta with Tomatoes (5-ingredients)
- Cheesecake Factory Louisiana Chicken Pasta Recipe
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- Doritos Taco Pasta Salad
Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi Pasta
Ingredients to make Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi Pasta
Directions to make Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi Pasta
- In a large bowl add your shrimp, 3 tablespoons lime juice, olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt and garlic.
- Toss to coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Break your pasta in half and add it to the Instant Pot.
- Pour 3 cups of water, and 1 tsp. salt over the pasta.
- Place the Instant pot on manual high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Do a quick release.
- Remove the lid, set to the side.
- Add shrimp, chopped cilantro, chicken stock, white wine, 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice to the pasta.
- Mix to coat.
- Taste, and add more salt if need.
- Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro, red pepper flakes, and grated lime zest.