Candy Cane Cheesecake Cake is a fun holiday dessert recipe with a layer of moist Red Velvet cake, a layer of cheesecake and topped with a homemade cream cheese frosting.
Candy Cane Cheesecake
This dessert packs a big punch with delicious flavor. The swirly layers of red and white looks like a candy cane. And yes, then we put real candy canes on top!
- Red Velvet Cake Mix
- Cream Cheese
- Candy Canes
How To Make A Cheesecake Cake
- Mix your red velvet cake mix by the box directions. (If you have a homemade recipe you’d like to use instead, go for it!)
- Mix your cheesecake batter.
- Layer your red velvet cake batter with dollops of cheesecake in between each layer.
- Bake the cake! Allow it to cool and then refrigerate for four hours.
- Make your homemade frosting and top the cooled cake.
- Crush some candy canes and add as a fun and festive garnish.
If your cheesecake cracks in the oven don’t worry, once it cools it will settle. Plus, we will be covering it with frosting so don’t worry about imperfections.
When making any type of cheesecake a springform fan makes the process so much easier. Before you get started grab one at your local Walmart or Target.
Often a cheesecake will start to brown too quickly in the oven. To protect it, make a foil tent to cover it by loosely adding a piece of aluminum on top. Remember to leave enough room for the top layer to rise some.
Looking for more? We have so many CHRISTMAS recipes saved over here on Pinterest.
Candy Cane Cheesecake Cake
- 1 Box red velvet cake mix
- 1 1/4 C water
- 1/2 C Canola
- 3 Large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using baking spray prep the springform pan.
- Using a standing mixer, beat together all cake ingredients until smooth and combined
- Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer beat together the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and flour in a medium bowl.
- Continue to beat on high until the ingredients are combined and appear smooth.
- Add the vanilla, mixing until blended.
Steps to make the cheesecake:
- Divide the red velvet cake batter in half.
- Spread the first half of the batter into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Divide the cheesecake batter in half.
- Dollop the first half of the cheesecake batter on top of the pumpkin cake batter. (Don't spread nor swirl the cheesecake batter, just dollop.)
- Slowly add the remaining the red velvet cake batter by using spoonfuls of dollops around the cheesecake batter. Do not spread the cake batter.
- Add the remaining cheesecake batter on top of the other 3 layers. Spread this batter using an offset spatula into an even layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
- If the cheesecake appears to be browning too fast make a foil tent to cover the top for the last 20-30 minutes.
- Be aware that the cheesecake will puff up in the oven.
- The cake may also crack but after it is cooled it will settle.
- Remove from the oven.
- Transfer the cheesecake to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Next move the cooled cheesecake to the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Using an electric mixer and mixing bowl beat the cream cheese and butter together until creamy/smooth.
- With the electric mixer still on slowly add in small amounts of powdered sugar until the cream cheese / butter and powdered sugar are well mixed.
- Add vanilla mixing well.
- Pour in the whole milk and mix well.
- Run a thin knife around the cake.
- Release the ring of the springform pan.
- Spread the cream cheese frosting on top of the cheesecake and frost evenly.
- Sprinkle the crushed candy canes on the edge
- Cover and refrigerate the cheesecake until it is ready to be served.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 9 inch springform pan
- Baking spray
- Large bowl
- Medium bowl
- Electric mixer/ bowl
- offset spatula