This Cold Spinach Artichoke Dip is absolutely DELICIOUS! It’s the perfect easy appetizer for holidays or parties because it’s always such a huge hit with everyone and it only takes a few minutes to make. You can even make this a couple of days ahead of time and bake it when you’re ready! This dip is best served in a bread bowl, crackers or toasted French bread.
We love to entertain so we are always trying out new dip recipes and this one is definitely a favorite. We have a few other dip recipes that you might love like our Cucumber Dill Dip, Bacon Cheddar Ranch Dip, Artichoke Jalopeno Dip, and Crack Dip.
BEST Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
Spinach and Artichoke Dip is my favorite kind of savory dip. It’s full of flavor and so simple to make using basic ingredients. You have to be careful eating this before a dinner because you will not be able to stop eating it!
Ingredients you will need
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Canned artichokes
- Frozen spinach
How To Make Cold Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9×9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl stir together cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, parmesan and mozzarella.
- Add in artichokes and spinach.
- Spread mixture evenly into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until heated and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
Can I Make Cold Spinach Artichoke Dip Ahead?
Yes! You can make this dip ahead of time — about three days in advance. Just keep it covered and stored in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, take out of the fridge and bake as directed.
Can You Freeze Dip?
Assemble it in the container that will go in the freezer. Cover with plastic wrap and then a layer of aluminum foil and place in the freezer. For the best results, use within 2 months. When you are ready to serve the artichoke dip, defrost it in the refrigerator overnight.
What to Serve with Spinach Artichoke Dip?
- Scoop out a Bread bowl and tear the bread into pieces. Spoon the dip inside the hole and place the bread pieces around the bowl to dip.
- Tortilla Chips
- Toasted French Bread or Baguette Slices
To make the toasted bread – cut up the French bread or baguette into 1/2-inch slices brush the rounds with olive oil, and bake in 400 degree oven on baking sheet just until the bread starts to lightly brown.
How Do I Lighten This Up?
This is very easy to do! Use lightened cream cheese, lite mayo and sour cream. I can never tell the difference and this will save you lots of calories.
Is Fresh Spinach okay to use in This Recipe?
Using fresh spinach is fine. Make sure to steam the spinach and then squeeze out the excess liquid. Also chop up the spinach into small pieces.
Crockpot Spinach Artichoke Dip
Cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 2 hours, or until the dip is completely warmed through and the cheese is melted. Give the dip a good stir and season with extra salt and pepper if needed.
Other Appetizers Recipes
- Jalapeno Cheese Ball Recipe
- Skillet Mexican Corn Dip
- Mini Pepperoni Pizzas
- Weight Watcher Salsa
- Skinny Buffalo Wings
- BLT Dip
Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream 8 ounces
- 1/4 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 8 ounce package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 12 ounce can artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 1 10 ounce package frozen spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, stir the cream cheese, parmesan, mozzarella, and sour cream.
- Stir in the drained and chopped artichoke hearts and spinach and mix well to combine.
- Add the onion powder along with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve the dip in a bread bowl or transfer to another serving bowl with french bread slices or crackers.