Easy Chicken Tetrazzini – (8-ingredients)
Easy Chicken Tetrazzini is the most delicious dinner! Serve this creamy chicken and pasta dish for dinner any time you need a quick and easy meal option.
Easy Chicken Tetrazzini
Sometimes it can be so challenging to come up with recipes for dinners that everyone will love! That is why this easy chicken tetrazzini is one of my favorites. It is so simple to whip up and pop in the oven, and everyone really enjoys this meal.
To make things even easier for you, you’ll find instructions below to make this dish ahead of time to freeze or refrigerate until you’re ready to bake.
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Cooked chicken
- Cream of chicken soup
- Sour cream
- Chicken broth or stock
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Grated parmesan cheese
Making Easy Chicken Tetrazzini
This recipe comes together so quick! Before you begin, cook the linguini according to the package directions and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth or stock, melted butter, salt, and pepper. This mixture will be very thick and creamy. Fold in the cooked chicken.
Add the cooked pasta and toss until coated in the sauce.
Pour the pasta and sauce into an ungreased 9×13 inch glass baking dish. Top with the shredded mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
Bake the chicken tetrazzini at 350F for about 40 minutes, until the casserole is bubbly and the cheese is browning around the edges.
I topped my chicken tetrazzini with a light sprinkle of chopped parsley for some extra color.
Easy Chicken Options
How you cook the chicken is up to you. Here are some simple options:
- Rotisserie chicken – buy a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store and shred it to use in this chicken tetrazzini. One whole chicken will be enough if you use the white and dark meat, or two chickens if you just use the breast.
- Boil – you can quickly boil the chicken while the pasta for this recipe cooks in a separate pot. Just be sure the chicken breasts reach an internal temperature of 165°F, then chop them to use in the recipe.
- Leftovers – this is a great way to use up leftover chicken! Or, if you’re making chicken for dinner and know you want to make chicken tetrazzini later, make extra chicken and then chop and freeze it so it’s ready to go when you need it.
What to Serve with Chicken Tetrazzini
Here are some options for side dishes to serve with the chicken tetrazzini:
- Steamed or roasted veggies – broccoli, green beans, asparagus, brussels sprouts, etc.
- Garlic bread, bread sticks, or fresh buttered bread
Make Ahead Options
Chicken tetrazzini is a great make ahead meal option! You can make the dish as usual, but instead of baking, wrap the pan tightly in plastic wrap and then foil. Freeze this for up to two months. Thaw before baking.
You can also make the tetrazzini a day ahead and refrigerate it until you’re ready to bake.
If you have leftovers to keep for later, scoop them into a food storage container and seal closed with a lid. The tetrazzini can easily be reheated in the microwave or oven when you’re ready to eat it again!
Other Pasta Dishes You Will Love
Easy Chicken Tetrazzini
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black or white ground pepper
- 4 chicken breasts cooked and chopped
- 16 ounces linguini cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Add the cooked, chopped chicken and mix well.
- Pour the cooked linguini into the mixing bowl and toss until combined into the sauce. Pour the pasta and sauce into a 9x13 inch glass baking dish.
- Distribute the shredded mozzarella cheese evenly over the casserole, then sprinkle the grated parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake at 350F for 40 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling around the edges of the pan.
- Cool slightly before serving.