Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls are soft and fluffy rolls with a sweet and salty caramel pecan sauce poured on top. We always make these for the Holidays or a special breakfast.
Pecan Cinnamon Rolls with Caramel
Breakfast can’t get here any faster! These rolls are game changers and are so simple to make. The delectable and delicious flavor is so good, that you will want these for breakfast every day! The sweet and salty flavors dance on your tongue with every bite.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Active Dry Yeast: This will be combined with the whole milk and will allow the rolls to rise in the oven.
Flour: You will need all-purpose flour for this recipe to get the best results.
Cinnamon: This will be the main flavor for the recipe, you can add as little or as much as you prefer. You can also try this recipe with a bit of pumpkin spice.
Caramel: You will need Kraft caramel chips for the glaze and combine them with crushed pecans for added texture.
How To Make Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
Step 1. Set the oven to 350 degrees. Add the milk and yeast into a large mixing bowl and combine gently. Use a kitchen towel to cover the bowl and allow the yeast to activate for about 5 minutes or until frothy. Add in the oil, flour, and 1 tsp of cinnamon and combine using a whisk until there are no lumps. Flip the dough onto a floured countertop or surface and for 5 minutes, knead. Put the dough into the mixing bowl again and use plastic wrap to cover for about 20 minutes.
Step 2. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a big rectangle about 1/4-inch thick. To make the filling, you will melt the butter and combine it with the brown sugar and the rest of the cinnamon in a bowl. Pour the filling onto the dough and use a spatula to spread it out across the dough. Roll the dough into a tube before cutting it into discs. Arrange the rolls into an 8 x 8-inch baking dish and set aside for 20 additional minutes to rise. Place the rolls in the oven for 20 minutes and after the 20 minutes is up, prepare the caramel glaze.
Step 3. Put the caramel chips into a heat-safe bowl and melt in the microwave before adding the crushed pecans. Add the mixture on top of the baked rolls using a spoon. Place the rolls back in the oven for another 5 minutes. Serve right away, and enjoy!
Tips For Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls:
Here are a few great tips to help you make this recipe quick and easy!
- The longer the caramel frosting sits, the harder it will become, so after about 15 minutes you may need to heat it up in the microwave for 20-30 seconds to get it back to its gooey and tasty state.
- Don’t worry if you don’t have canola oil, vegetable oil will work just as well.
- The rising of the rolls is so important. That second rise will make sure that the rolls are not too dense and come out fluffy.
How To Store Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls?
Place the leftover rolls in an airtight container for the best storage method. You can keep these rolls at room temperature, but they will last longer in the fridge or freezer. They will keep for up to 5 days at room temp and up to 2 weeks in the fridge.
More Cinnamon Roll Recipes:
- Cinnamon Rolls with Heavy Cream
- Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls
- 10 Minute Apple Cinnamon Rolls
- Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 cup whole milk warm
- 1 Tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 ½ cups white flour
- 4 Tbsp butter salted
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon divided
- 11 oz package Kraft caramel chips
- ½ cup pecans crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently stir together the milk and yeast. Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and allow the yeast to sit for five minutes, or until foamy.
- Whisk in the canola oil, flour, and 1 tsp of cinnamon until no dry clumps of flour remain.
- Dump the dough onto a floured surface and knead for five minutes. Place the dough back in the mixing bowl and cover it with plastic wrap for 20 minutes.
- Roll the dough out into a large rectangle about ¼ inch thick and prep the filling by melting the butter and mixing it together with the brown sugar and remaining cinnamon.
- Spread the filling across the dough, roll it into a long cylindrical shape, and cut it into discs.
- Place the rolls in an 8×8 inch baking dish and allow the rolls to rise for 20 more minutes.
- Bake the rolls for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, melt the caramel chips in the microwave, stir in the pecans, and spoon the caramel on top of the rolls.
- Bake the rolls for 5 more minutes, serve immediately, and enjoy!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.