Do you love the sweet smell of baked cinnamon? Well, this delicious twist of a dessert may just become a favorite with your friends and family. This super quick and easy Apple Cinnamon Rolls recipe is an amazing dish you can make for any occasion.
Apple Cinnamon Rolls
This recipe is pretty simple to follow because of the short directions list you have. The ingredients are fairly simple and may have most of them in your home already or at your local grocery store. With this easy recipe, you will have a sweet crunchy fluffy cinnamon roll, ready in no time. Be sure to write this one down!
- Butter- Always best to use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in a recipe.
- Light brown sugar- This will allow for a richer flavor.
- Cinnamon- This will be for the signature cinnamon flavor.
- Apple- You want to make sure that your apples are diced.
- Cream cheese- Be sure to use softened or room temperature.
- Powdered sugar- This sugar will be mixed with ingredients to make a glaze.
- Heavy cream- Heavy cream creates a rich glaze
- Vanilla extract- Always use pure vanilla for best flavoring.
How to Make Apple Spice Cinnamon Rolls
Set your oven to 350 degrees.
Combine and mix the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
On a light floured countertop, pop and unroll crescent dough.
Brush the dough with melted butter and pour over the cinnamon mixture.
Then, add your pre-diced apples on top.
Roll your dough in the shape of a tube.
Take a knife, and slice the dough into 1 1/2″ pieces.
Place them a bit apart on a 11 x 14″ baking sheet.
Continue to do with steps 3-8 with each one.
For 30 minutes, bake in your oven until its light brown.
Prepare the glaze while you bake your rolls.
Mix your cream cheese and the softened butter in a large bowl.
Pour in the vanilla and powdered sugar until well mixed.
Pour in the heavy cream, slowly in small amounts until you meet the desired thickness.
Let your rolls rest and cool for about 10 minutes.
Drizzle glaze and dig in!
Can These Be Made Ahead?
For the best outcome and results for your cinnamon rolls, you would want them baked and prepared fresh. This will allow for a better taste, but will last several days. If it comes down to it, you always want to make sure to store your rolls correctly by putting them in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge.
Do I Have to Serve with Icing?
Not only, can you enjoy this delicious dessert warm or cold with icing, but they also taste about the same and are even better with the added icing? If you would choose not to add the glaze for that extra sweet flavor, then that’s OK! You don’t have to serve with any icing and they will still taste amazing.
More Apple Recipes
- No Churn Caramel Apple Ice Cream
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Apple Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Apple Fritter Bread Recipe
- Easy Apple Dumplings Casserole (3-ingredients)
10 Minute Apple Cinnamon Rolls
For the Cinnamon Rolls
- 3 tubes crescent dough sheets
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 ½ cup apple diced
For the Icing
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a small bowl combine the brown sugar and cinnamon
- Unroll a tube of crescent dough onto a lightly floured surface
- Brush the top of the crescent dough with melted butter and sprinkle on the cinnamon sugar mix
- Add some of the diced apples on top of the cinnamon sugar
- Starting at the bottom, roll the crescent dough into a tube shape
- Using a knife, cut the crescent into 1 ½” sections
- Arrange the sections on a greased 11x14” baking tray
- Repeat steps 3-8 with each roll of crescent dough
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown
- While the apple cinnamon rolls are baking, prepare the icing
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese and softened butter
- Add the vanilla extract and powdered sugar and mix until combined
- Add the heavy cream in small amounts until you’ve reached the desired consistency
- Allow the crescent rolls to cool for about 10 minutes before drizzling with the cream cheese icing