These Carrot Patch Dirt Cups are such a fun Spring treat! They are candy-coated strawberry carrots on top of a brownie parfait in chocolate bowls.
These delicious desserts are so good and simple to make. These are always cute ideas for Easter and always a hit with the kiddos. Every part of it is edible which makes it even more appealing and tasty!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
- Strawberries: You will need to rinse and dry them to coat them with an orange candy melt and coconut oil mixture.
- Fudge: I use pre-made chocolate fudge brownies and instant fudge brownie pudding mix for a strong chocolate flavor.
- Chocolate: You will also need semi-sweet chocolate chips and crushed Oreos along with Ghirardelli milk chocolate melting wafers for the sphere bowl molds.
How To Make Carrot Patch Dirt Cups
- Melt the candy. Use parchment paper to line a large baking sheet or a silicone mat. In a smaller and deep heat-safe bowl, add the candy melts and melt in the microwave in 30-second increments for 2 minutes until smooth. Add in the coconut oil and combine.
- Dip the strawberries. Coat the strawberries with the melted candy before placing them on the prepared baking sheet. Add the rest of the melted candy onto the coated strawberries by drizzling back and forth with a spoon. Place them aside and allow them to harden for 1 hour.
- Make the chocolate sphere bowls. In a large bowl, add the milk chocolate wafers and melt in 45-second intervals. Add some of the melted chocolate into the molds using a spoon and coat the entire mold. Place excess chocolate back into the bowl. Set the molds in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to harden before gently peeling and removing them. Set the prepared molds onto a cookie sheet and continue the steps until all the shells are made and arranged onto the cookie sheet.
- Prepare the chocolate ganache. Add the heavy cream to a small pot and bring to a simmer. In a small bowl, add the chocolate chips and pour the heated cream in and allow it to sit for 1 minute. Use a whisk to combine until smooth. Allow it to cool to the touch, but stir occasionally, so that it doesn’t become hard.
- Assembling the parfait. Prepare the pudding mix according to the instructions on the back of the package. Once ready, add about 3 Tbsps of the pudding into the prepared chocolate spheres. Top with bite-sized pieces of brownie.
- Add some of the chocolate ganache on top before sprinkling with some crushed Oreos. Complete it with a candy-coated strawberry in the middle and enjoy!
Variations For Carrot Patch Dirt Cups
These carrot patch dirt cups are so easy to make and I wouldn’t change a thing about them! But, you can alter or substitute some of the ingredients if you need to.
- You can use white chocolate with orange food coloring to coat the strawberries instead of candy melts.
- Drizzle each cup with some hot fudge or caramel for more flavor.
- Top with a dollop of homemade whipped cream.
- Add colorful or orange sprinkles on top of the strawberries before the candy hardens.
Tips & Tricks
- You can place leftovers in an airtight container.
- Place the desserts in a cool area and away from the sun so that the chocolate doesn’t melt. You can also store in the fridge for up to a week.
- You can try so many different molds for the bowl part of the dessert. Get large molds shaped like rabbits, carrots, eggs, etc.
More Easter Recipes:
Carrot Patch Dirt Cups
Candy-coated strawberry carrots
- 1 ½ cup Orange candy melts
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 12 large strawberries rinsed and dried well
- 1 package chocolate fudge brownies already-made, cut into tiny chunks
- 1 package instant fudge brownie pudding mix
- 2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup crushed Oreos
Chocolate sphere bowls
- 1 – 16 oz package Ghirardelli milk chocolate melting wafers
- Using a large baking sheet, line it with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat Place the candy melts in a small deep microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring, until smooth, about 2 minutes. Stir in the coconut oil until smooth
- Dip the strawberries in the melted candy and swirl until fully coated. Place the freshly coated strawberries onto the baking sheet. When all the strawberries are coated, drizzle some of the remaining melted candy back and forth across the strawberries with a spoon to make horizontal lines. Set aside and allow to dry for one hour.
Chocolate sphere bowls directions
- Melt the Ghirardelli milk chocolate wafers in a large bowl in increments of 45 seconds. Using a spoon, spoon some of the melted chocolate into 6 molds and coat the entire mold. Dump extra chocolate back into the bowl. Place the coated molds into the fridge for 5-10 minutes. Remove from the fridge and gently peel the silicone mold back away from the hardened shell. Carefully place the mold onto the cookie sheet. Repeat the steps again that way you have another set of shells created. Once the shells are made, place them onto a cookie sheet
- Using a small pot, bring the heavy cream to a simmer. Pour the chocolate chips into a small bowl and allow to sit for 1 minute. Whisk until smooth and set aside to allow to cool until cool to the touch. Make sure to occasionally stir it so it doesn’t harden
Building the parfait
- Follow the directions on the back of the pudding mix to make the pudding. Once the pudding is made, spoon about 3 tbsp of pudding into the chocolate spheres. Add a layer of bite-size brownies on top of the pudding. Spoon chocolate ganache over the brownies. Sprinkle crushed Oreos on top. Place a carrot strawberry into the center. Enjoy!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 1 cone sphere mold amazon