The Best Cheese Ball Recipe With French Onion Soup Mix
French onion cheese ball recipe is perfect for game day, get-togethers or when you just want the best cheese ball recipe ever. With all the best flavors of french onion in a creamy dip, your guests are going to be asking for this recipe again and again.
Having guests and want to serve the perfect appetizers to go with this cheese ball, here are 30 of the Best Air Fryer Recipes.
French Onion Cheese Ball Recipe
When we have friends or family over, I want to make something that is easy to serve as well as easy to make. We like to have something to munch on as we are sitting around chatting and having fun, and this French Onion Best Cheese Ball is at the top of the list.
What Should I Serve With French Onion Dip Cheese Ball?
This French Onion Dip Cheese Ball is very easy to serve and there is a wide variety of things that you can serve with it. You can easily tailor what you are serving with it to meet the tastes or diets of your guests. You can serve it with:
- Crackers: This is what a lot of people serve with a cheese ball.
- Chips: Ruffled chips work best with this because they have a little bit more strength to them and hold the dip well.
- Bread: Some people only think of bread with spinach dip because it is often served in a bread bowl, but the bread will pair perfectly with this too. Use a french baguette or another long bread loaf that is thin and can easily be cut down into small pieces.
- Veggies: You can’t go wrong with veggies and this cheese ball. Any kind of raw vegetable can be used like celery, carrots, peppers, cucumbers and cherry tomatoes. Sugar snap peas are also a delicious option.
Can I Freeze This Easy Cheese Ball?
If you want to have a cheese ball on hand all the time or you want to save the leftover cheese ball so that it doesn’t go bad, you can freeze the cheeseball. You want to wrap it well in plastic wrap. Make sure it is tight to prevent freezer burn. Then put the wrapped cheeseball into a freezer bag or other airtight container. The cheeseball will stay good for up to 1 month. However, while the cheeseball will still taste fantastic, the fried onions will love their crispness.
Red pepper flakes
French’s Crispy Fried Onions
How to Make a Cheese Ball
Cut the raw bacon into small chunks and cook in a skillet over medium heat.
Remove the bacon from the pan and let the grease drain off on a paper towel. Let the bacon cool.
In the skillet, add the onion and olive oil to the bacon grease and season with salt and pepper.
Cook until the onions are translucent, about 15-20 minutes. Stir the onions occasionally.
Remove the onions from the heat and let them cool completely.
French Onion Best Cheese Ball Recipe
- 1 large onion diced
- 1/2 lb bacon (6-8 strips ) cooked and chopped
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cup Swiss cheese grated
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. cajun spice
- 1 1/2 cup French's Crispy Fried Onions chopped
Cut raw bacon into small chunks cook over medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked.
Remove from pan and place on a paper towel cover plate to drain grease.
Allow the bacon to cool on a paper towel; set aside.
Add onion, olive oil to the bacon frying pan and season with salt and pepper.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 15-20 minutes.
Remove from heat and cool.
Add the bacon, cream cheese, sour cream, swiss cheese, and spices to a large bowl of a stand mixer.
Mix until well combined.
Add the cooled onions, mix until completely mixed in.
Place the cheese mixture in the center and on top of plastic wrap.
Then gently pull the plastic wrap together to form a ball.
Form the cheese mixture into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap to chill overnight.
When ready to serve, remove the cheese ball from the fridge and roll it in the fried onion.