If you like the flavor of jalapeño poppers, you are going to love this Jalapeño Popper Cheese Ball. Loaded with cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar cheese, jalapeños and bacon! All the great taste of jalapeño poppers in a cheese ball that you can serve with your favorite veggies and crackers.
Jalapeno Popper Cheese Ball Recipe
This Jalapeño Cheese Ball is a great appetizer to serve for any event you have throughout the year. It’s perfect for holidays, parties and game day get-togethers. It’s got the perfect amount of spice and the great flavor of smoked bacon. It takes very little prep time to prepare and we usually make this the day before since it does need to sit overnight. This will last in the fridge for about 3-5 days so feel free to prep ahead of time. You can serve it with crackers (my favorite), pita chips, tortilla chips, veggies or really anything you’d like!
I love using jalapeños in dips and dinner recipes. They give such good flavor and just enough spice to give it a little kick. I’m a huge fan of Air Fryer Jalapeño Popper Bites, Artichoke Jalapeño Dip and Bacon Jalapeño Dip. You’re going to want to try all of them!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Cream Cheese: This is the main ingredient in the filling of jalapeño poppers.
- Sour Cream: This will add to the creamy flavor of the cream cheese and does well in any dip.
- Cheese: We used sharp cheddar but any cheddar will work. You can use pre-shredded cheese or grate your own.
- Bacon: You will cook the bacon and crumble or cut into small pieces.
- Jalapeños: Fresh jalapeños work best. Remove the seeds and ribs for less spice.
- Seasonings: You’ll need garlic powder, onion powder and pepper.
- Green onion: You can use chives instead of green onion if you prefer.
How To A Make Jalapeño Popper Cheese Ball
- The first thing you want to do is let your cream cheese get to room temperature. To make this go quicker, I suggest cutting the cream cheese blocks into smaller pieces and letting them sit in a bowl for about half an hour.
- With a mixer, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and spices until it’s smooth. Then gently stir in (don’t use the mixer for this part!) shredded cheese, half of the bacon, half of the jalapeños and half of the green onions.
- To form this into the ball shape, lay out a large piece of plastic wrap and scoop your cream cheese mixture onto it. Wrap it up, form the cheeseball and let chill in the refrigerator over night.
How To Store Your Jalapeño Popper Cheese Ball
If you have any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up 7 days. This cheese ball can be frozen as well. Wrap in plastic wrap before you place it into a freezer bag or food storage container.
Other Great Appetizer Recipes
Jalapeño Popper Cheese Ball
- 16 ounce cream cheese 2 boxes
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded (save 1/2 cup for later)
- 10 slices applewood smoked bacon cooked and chopped (save half for later)
- 2 jalapeños minced (save half for later)
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped (save half for later)
- Beat cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, and ground black pepper with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add in 1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese, half of the cooked bacon, half of the minced jalapeno, and half the green onions and fold gently until incorporated.
- With the leftover cheddar cheese, bacon, jalapenos, and green onions, shake in a small Ziploc bag until combined and refrigerate.
- Lay a large piece of plastic cling wrap on a flat surface, spoon in cheese ball mixture, and fold cling wrap over the cheese ball.
- Shape into a ball and refrigerate overnight.
- Take the cheese ball out of the fridge 20 minutes before serving.
- Spread the bagged mixture on a flat surface, unwrap the cheese ball. Roll cheese ball around in the leftover toppings and coat it entirely.