Have you ever had leftover mashed potatoes in your refrigerator but didn’t know how to use them? These easy Mashed Potato Puffs are a fun and creative way to use those mashed potatoes. They are cheesy and golden and make a great side dish for a whole new meal.
Loaded Mashed Potato Cups
There’s minimal prep involved with these mashed potato puffs but they still taste so yummy. If your family is a fan of cheese and bacon, I do not doubt that they will love these creamy puffs. Plus, they go perfectly with almost any protein. You can even make them as an appetizer if you wish. I can almost guarantee that even your kids will be asking when you are making them again.
What You’ll Need to Make Mashed Potato Puffs
- Mashed potatoes: Leftovers work best but you can make it fresh or use instant if you like.
- Eggs. Large eggs are preferred.
- Shredded Cheddar cheese: Any kind you like (sharp, mild, etc) depending on your favorite.
- Bacon: Cooked and crumbled.
- Chives: Finely chopped
- Shredded parmesan: A good and flavorful melting cheese like parmesan works great as a topping.
How to Make Mashed Potato Puffs
There are not a lot of steps in making these mashed potato puffs. We love how easy they are to make. Waiting for the bake time can be hard (especially when you’re hungry and can smell them in the oven) but they are well worth it!
- Prep the Oven. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Make Potato Puff Mixture. Combine the mashed potatoes, beaten eggs, shredded cheddar cheese, bacon, and chives in a large bowl. Make sure all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Season. Add a pinch of salt and pepper if desired for a little extra flavor.
- Prep and Fill Muffin Pan. Grease your muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Scoop large spoonfuls of the potato mixture into each cup.
- Top with Cheese. Sprinkle each cup with parmesan cheese.
- Bake. Bake for about 30-35 minutes. Make sure the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Ready to Eat. Serve warm and enjoy!
Curious about how to make this recipe your own? Here are some of our tips and ideas for ways to change it!
- Ham: Substitute the crumbled bacon for diced ham for a fun variation of the recipe.
- No chives: Not a fan? No problem! You can omit the chives from the mashed potato puffs if you prefer.
- Cheese: Parmesan or gruyere are our top choices for the topping but you can use more cheddar or even mozzarella.
What to Serve With Mashed Potato Puffs
Here are some of our favorite ideas for what to serve with these cheesy mashed potato puffs!
- Chicken: You can’t ever go wrong with chicken and there are so many ways to make it. Try these puffs with Baked Teriyaki Chicken or Air Fryer Jerk Chicken.
- Pork: Pork is another delicious option! Utilize your slow cooker and make these super tender Dr. Pepper Ribs.
- Beef: Another popular meat option! Keep the nice and simple theme going with these Garlic Butter Steak Bites.
- Sour cream
- Ranch dressing
- Extra crumbled bacon
- Sliced green onions
More Easy Side Dishes
Mashed Potato Puffs
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chives chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheese (such as Parmesan or Gruyère)
- Combine mashed potatoes, eggs, cheese, crumbled bacon and chives.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Grease a muffin pan and add a heaping spoonful into each cup.
- Sprinkle each cup with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 400°F or until the tops are golden brown.
- Serve warm with sour cream.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.