Streusel Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe
If you love pumpkin bread, wait until you try this chocolate chip pumpkin streusel bread recipe. A moist breakfast or dessert bread, loaded with your favorite bits of chocolate makes an ideal fall recipe to make. I love that this is so easy to whip up and make large batches to share with my friends and family.
Make extra to give to friends and simply wrap in plastic wrap, then add a note and a bow for the ideal baked foods gift! Want a fancier dessert? Check out my pumpkin spice latte cake instead.
Can I Turn These Into Pumpkin Streusel Muffins?
You can certainly use this recipe to make muffins. Simply follow the directions to make the batter and then instead of using 2 loaf pans, you will pour into prepared muffin tins. Top with streusel as you would with loaves, and bake for 12-15 minutes checking for golden brown tops and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Another favorite breakfast option is my pumpkin spice monkey bread recipe. It’s perfect for sharing in smaller portions.
How to Freeze Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
This recipe for dessert bread is a great option for freezing. I like to make a double or triple batch, then allow the loaves to cool before wrapping and storing in the freezer for later. Just wrap completely with plastic wrap, then slide inside a large freezer storage bag that has been labeled and dated.
For the holidays, I often pick one weekend and do a ton of baking to share with friends. When this is on my baking list, I almost always will make extra so I have some to eat down the road when I am craving but don’t have time to bake.
- Pumpkin puree
- Vegetable oil
- Baking soda
- Semi sweetened chocolate chips
How to Make Pumpkin Streusel Bread
Preheat the oven and get the pans ready by spraying them with baking spray.
Combine the sugar, eggs, oil, and pumpkin together until thoroughly mixed.
In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Make sure not to over mix.
Fold in the chocolate chips, and then pour the batter into your loaf pans. Fill each pan halfway.
In a separate bowl, mix together your streusel topping, then sprinkle over the tops of the batter before putting them into the oven to bake as directed.
Streusel Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or your preferred choice in oil
- 2 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp of ginger
- 2 cups of semi sweetened chocolate chips
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray two loaf pans with cooking spray
- In a bowl, cream together sugar, eggs, pumpkin puree, and oil
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix till combined
- Gently stir in chocolate chips
- Pour halfway full in both loaf pans and set aside
- Now for the streusel topping, combine butter, brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon
- Crumble evenly overtop both loaf pans
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, check-in between every 10-minute mark to make sure loaves are not burning
- Once fully baked, set aside to cool for 10 minutes then pop loaf's out of the pans and cut accordingly and serve!
- Mixing bowls
- Loaf pans or muffin tins