Chocolate M&M Cookies is the best soft and chewy chocolate cookie recipe loaded with vibrant M&Ms and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Chocolate Cookies with M&M’s
These sweet and chocolatey cookies are so good and simple to make. These are the kind of cookies that you’ll want to make every night for dessert! The M&M’s and chocolate chips in the middle add a burst of chocolate goodness to every bite! A chocolate lovers dream!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Sugar: You will need two kinds of sugar for this recipe, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.
Flour: You will need unbleached flour along with baking soda to allow the cookies to rise in the oven.
Baking Cocoa: You will need unsweetened cocoa because you are already using sugar in this recipe.
Add-Ins: You will need any kind of M&M’s and semi-sweet chocolate chips to add in the batter and some more for garnish.
How To Make Chocolate M&M Cookies
Step 1. Set the oven to 350 degrees and use parchment paper to line a baking pan. Add the melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar into a medium mixing bowl and combine using a fork, hand mixer, or standing mixer. Put in the eggs and vanilla and combine again. Add the unbleached flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt and combine again until fully incorporated. Put in the M&Ms and chocolate chips and fold to combine.
Step 2. Use a cookie scoop to form small 2-tablespoon cookie balls and arrange them onto the prepared pan 2-inches apart. Place the cookies into the oven for 9 minutes to bake. Make sure to not overbake the cookies. They will finish cooking on the pan. Take out of the oven and top with more M&Ms and chocolate chips, if desired. Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes before placing them onto a cooling rack. Serve and enjoy!
Can I Use Any Kind Of M&M’s For Chocolate M&M Cookies?
Yes! You can use any kind of M&M’s for this recipe. You can use any color of M&M’s like the holiday-themed ones or for the extra crunch you can use peanut M&M’s.
How To Store Chocolate M&M Cookies?
Place the cookies in an airtight container for the best storage method. You can store these cookies at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also choose to store it in the fridge or freezer. Placing these cookies in the freezer will extend the shelf life to 6 months.
More Chocolate Recipes:
Chocolate M&M Cookies
- 1 cup butter unsalted, 2 sticks – melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour unbleached
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa unsweetened
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups M&Ms classic, 10.70 oz bag (divided)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips plus extra for garnishing
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar (you can use a fork, hand mixer, or stand mixer).
- Add the eggs and pure vanilla extract and mix well.
- Next, stir in the unbleached flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt until combined.
- Fold in the M&Ms and chocolate chips.
- Use a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop to create small balls and place them about 2” apart on the prepared pan.
- Bake for 9 minutes – do not overbake, cookies will finish baking on the pan.
- Remove from the oven and immediately garnish with extra M&Ms and chocolate chips (optional).
- Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.