Christmas is on its way! And, what better way to celebrate this lovely holiday season with a wonderful dessert recipe. These Christmas Gooey Butter Cookies are super easy to make and are a perfect recipe to share with your friends and family.
Christmas Gooey Butter Cookies
This Christmas Butter Cookies recipe is so good! These cookies are so easy to make and come out super chewy and moist. This recipe is on the quicker side and only takes about 10 minutes, so you have warm and delicious cookies made in no time. Be sure to keep this recipe handy!
Cookies are what Christmas is all about! There are so many wonderful recipes out there to make! I have a few of my family’s favorites that I would like to share with you that might just become your favorite too! Like my Chocolate Christmas Cookies and my Reindeer Corn Christmas Butter Cookies. A traditional Christmas cookie recipe that you must try is the one for my Linzer Cookies!
Ingredients You Will Need:
- Butter- You need unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Cream cheese– You will need this softened or at room temperature.
- Egg- Use eggs that are at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract– Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- White cake mix- This will help with a quicker prep process.
- Powdered sugar– This sugar is perfect for homemade frosting.
- Christmas sprinkles- You will need them to be red, white, and green.
- Chocolate melting chips- You will need the Ghirardelli white chips.
How to Make Christmas Gooey Butter Cookies
Add the cream cheese and butter into a large bowl and cream together until smooth.
Slowly add in the egg and vanilla and combine.
Add in the cake mix and about 3/4 C of sprinkles and fold to combine.
Cover the batter using plastic wrap and put it in the fridge overnight.
Set the oven to 350 degrees and use parchment paper or silicone mats to line 2 cookie sheets.
Scoop up the dough using a small ice cream scooper and roll the dough into balls.
Put some powdered sugar in a bowl.
Add more sprinkles onto the dough balls, then roll in the sugar to coat.
Arrange onto the prepared sheets.
Place into the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the become brown.
Let the cookies cool before transferring to a wire rack.
Melt the chocolate in a heat-safe bowl in 30-second intervals until fully melted.
Dip half of the dough ball into the melted chocolate slowly. Let any excess drip off.
Put the dough balls back onto the prepared sheets and add some more Christmas sprinkles on top.
Let the balls rest until the chocolate is completely hardened.
Serve and enjoy!
What is the Difference Between Butter and Sugar Cookies?
So, the difference between sugar cookies and these Christmas butter cookies is one ingredient is more than the other. Butter cookies have a large ratio of butter in the recipe. The sugar cookies however have more flour to sturdy the dough.
Should I Use Salted or Unsalted Butter in Cookies?
You may always wonder whether salted or unsalted is better to use in a cookie recipe. Well, for these Butter cookies, unsalted is best to use. Using unsalted butter will control the amount of salt in the recipe and help with the taste.
MORE COOKIE RECIPES
- 3D Christmas Cookies
- Christmas Hot Cocoa Cookies
- Cranberry Shortbread Cookies
- Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
- Whipped Shortbread Cookies
Christmas Gooey Butter Cookies
- ½ C unsalted butter softened
- 1 – 8 oz package of cream cheese softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 – 15 oz white cake mix
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 1 ½ C red white, green Christmas sprinkles
- 2 C Ghirardelli white chocolate melting chips
- Using a large bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese until combined and smooth
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until combined
- Mix in the cake mix.
- Fold in ¾ C of the sprinkles
- Cover with plastic wrap and place into the fridge overnight
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop out some of the dough and roll it into a ball
- Scoop the powdered sugar into a large bowl
- Sprinkle the cookie ball with some more sprinkles then roll the ball in the powdered sugar until completely coated
- Place onto the cookie sheets
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown
- Allow cooling for a few minutes before placing onto a wire rack to cool completely
- Using a heat-safe bowl, melt the white chocolate in 30-second increments in the microwave until completely melted
- Carefully Dip half of the cookie into the white chocolate
- Very gently shake any excess white chocolate off
- Place the cookie onto the parchment paper or silicone mat
- Sprinkle some more Christmas sprinkles
- Allow the chocolate to completely harden before enjoying it!