We all need more simple and easy recipes to make for our families and friends. Delicious meals, fresh drinks, and tasty treats. These Cranberry Shortbread Cookies are so good and simple to make! They combine two of the best parts of the holidays into one delicious bite.
Cranberry Shortbread Cookies
These shortbread cookies will be a great addition to any occasion. The great thing about these cookies is that they are easy to make and only have a few ingredients. These cookies have sweet cranberries, pecans, and chocolate chips. This may become a favorite in your household, so be sure to save it!
I think one of the best parts about the holidays is all of the food! There is just something that makes life better when you smell the wonderful aroma of holiday food coming from the kitchen. I adore baking with cranberries! They are so versatile and provide such an amazing flavor! One of my family’s favorite cranberry recipes is my Orange Cranberry Bread. Another favorite is my Christmas Cranberry Pound Cake. If you are looking for something more sustainable to make that features cranberries, then my Turkey Cranberry Sliders are perfect!
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Vanilla extract- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Powdered sugar– This sugar is perfect for homemade frosting.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Flour- You will need unbleached flour for this recipe.
- Cranberries- You will need sweetened dried cranberries for this recipe.
- Pecans– The pecans will need to be chopped.
- Chocolate chips- You will need to use white chocolate chips.
How to Make Cranberry Shortbread Cookies
Add the butter and vanilla into a standing mixer or medium-sized bowl using a hand mixer and cream together until combined.
Pour in the powdered sugar and salt and stir to fully incorporate until smooth.
Gradually add in the flour and combine, using a spatula to scrape the sides if needed.
Add in the cranberries and pecans and use a spatula to fold in until fully combined. The batter will be crumbly.
Place plastic wrap on the countertop and pour the mixture on top. Tightly wrap the dough into a log.
Place into the freezer for about 45 minutes.
Set your oven to 350 degrees. Unwrap the dough and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes until it is soft enough to cut.
Cut the dough log into 1/2 inch slices. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the dough onto the sheet.
Place in the preheated oven for 10 minutes and rotate the pan at the 5-minute mark.
Take the out pan from the oven when the cookies begin to brown. For 5 minutes, let the cookies cool and transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling thoroughly.
Add the white chocolate into a heat-safe bowl and melt in 30-second intervals.
Pour the chocolate into a plastic bag and cut the tip to drizzle on top of the finished cookies.
Allow the chocolate to cool and serve!
Do These Have Real Cranberries In Them?
This Shortbread cookie recipe uses cranberries in it. Yes, they are real cranberries and not artificial. This recipe, calls for sweetened and dried cranberries.
How Do I Make Shortbread Cookies Soft?
Similar to keeping other cookies soft, you will need to make sure to seal in an airtight container. These Shortbread cookies can also be stored with a slice of bread to keep the moisture locked in.
MORE CRANBERRY RECIPES
- Dark Chocolate Cranberry Magic Bars
- White Chocolate Cranberry Macadamia Nut Cookies
- White Chocolate Cranberry Pistachio Fudge
- Cranberry Spritzer Recipe
Cranberry Shortbread Cookies Recipe
- In a stand mixer, or with a hand mixer in a medium sized mixing bowl, cream together butter and vanilla extract.
- Add the powdered sugar and salt and mix until combined and smooth.
- Slowly add flour and mix well (scrape down bowl as needed).
- Fold in cranberries and chopped pecans (batter will be crumbly).
- Transfer dough to plastic wrap and press dough into a round log.
- Put the dough in the freezer for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and take the dough out of the freezer and unwrap (let sit for 5-10 minutes if it is too hard to cut).
- Cut dough into 1/2 inch slices and put them on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes (rotate the pan after 5 minutes).
- Remove from the oven when the bottom of the cookie starts to brown and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once the cookies are cool, heat the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments until melted.
- Transfer the white chocolate to a zippered bag and cut the tip off to drizzle over cookies.
- Let cookies cool completely and enjoy!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.