The Holidays just got a little better with these delicious Christmas Oatmeal Cookies! This cookie recipe is soft, chewy and packed full of flavor including white chocolate chips, mini-M&M’s, and holiday sprinkles.
White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
I love making these cookies for the holidays because they are always a favorite with my family. They are simple to make and only take 10 minutes to bake. You can serve these on a buffet table or leave them out for Santa on Christmas Eve! The chewy texture is so luscious and every bite is filled with ooey gooey melted chocolate.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Sugar: You will need brown sugar to add a rich flavor and granulated sugar for extra sweetness.
Flour: You will need all-purpose flour, and cake flour along with baking soda to allow the cookies to rise.
Rolled Oats: This will help with the thickness and density of the cookie and cornstarch will help with the consistency.
Add-ins: To add more flavor and texture to the cookie, I like to add cinnamon, white chocolate chips, red & green mini-M&M’s, and holiday sprinkles.
How To Make Christmas Oatmeal Cookies
Step 1. Add the butter and sugar into the bowl of a standing mixer and combine for 4 minutes on medium until light and fluffy. Put in the eggs and combine on low. Add the cake flour, all-purpose flour, oats, cornstarch, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon into a large bowl and whisk to combine. Gradually combine the sugar mixture and dry ingredients on low. Put in the white chocolate chips, holiday sprinkles, and M&M’s and combine on low. Use plastic wrap to cover and place in the fridge for 15-20 minutes to chill.
Step 2. Set the oven to 410 degrees. Lightly flour a flat surface and roll the dough out into a 1/2-inch thick sheet. Cut out 24 circles using a medium circular cookie cutter and arrange them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place into the oven for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Take them out and allow them to cool for 5 minutes before placing them on a wire rack to cool thoroughly. Serve and enjoy!
How To Make Christmas Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies:
These cookies are phenomenal by themselves, but to make a dessert that is even better, you must try them as sandwich cookies! Not only do you get a delicious cookie for dessert, but it’s filled with a thick and creamy vanilla frosting too! You will need only a few ingredients to make it and look below to find easy steps to follow. Firstly, you will need 1/2 cup of softened, unsalted butter, 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar, and 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
To make sandwich cookies, you need to place the butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla into the bowl of a standing mixer and beat until light and fluffy. Next, put the icing into a piping bag with a round tip. Flip one cookie over so you see the bottom and pipe a dollop of frosting in the center. Grab another cookie and place it on top and press together gently to form the sandwich. Finally, repeat with all the cookies you have made and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- Feel free to use regular chocolate chips instead of white or replace the mini-M&M’s with chocolate chips if you prefer to not add those.
- If you decide to turn these amazing cookies into sandwiches, you can change up the flavor by adding in other types of extract like peppermint or using chocolate frosting instead. You can also color the vanilla frosting green or red to make it pop.
- Any leftovers should be placed in an airtight container for the best storage method. You can keep these cookies or sandwich cookies at room temperature.
More Christmas Cookie Recipes:
- Christmas Pinwheel Cookies
- Christmas Spritz Cookies
- Chocolate Christmas Cookies
- Christmas Kitchen Sink Cookies
Christmas Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup Butter Cold Unsalted, cut into slices
- 1 ¼ cups Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs room temp
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Cake Flour
- 1 ½ cups Rolled Oats
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- ¾ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups White Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup M&Ms Mini, red and green
- ½ cup Sprinkles Holiday
- In a bowl of a stand mixer add the butter and sugar. Mix on medium until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add eggs to the sugar mixture, with the mixer speed on low until combined. In a large bowl add cake flour, all-purpose flour, oats, cornstarch, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and whisk until combined.
- Slowly add the dry mix to the sugar mixture, and mix on low speed. Add in the white chocolate chips, holiday sprinkles, and M&M’s, and mix on low until combined. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill dough for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 410 degrees. Place the dough on a well-floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to ½ inch of thickness. With a medium-sized circle cookie cutter, cut out 24 circles and place them on a baking parchment-covered baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown on the top. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes. Then transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely