Cookie Butter Muddy Buddies (or Puppy Chow) are Chex cereal coated in melted white chocolate, Biscoff cookie butter and dusted with powdered sugar. Such a fun twist and so addicting!
Cookie Butter Chex Mix
This is a simply delicious and quick snack that is perfect for any time of day. The fully coated cookie butter and chocolate Chex are absolutely scrumptious. This is a snack that can be put in lunch boxes, packed for your kid’s sports events, etc. These are so addicting and you won’t be able to get enough!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Cookie Butter: This will be combined with white chocolate chips and shortening/butter to coat the cereal.
Chex Cereal: I prefer using rice Chex for this recipe. Look below to see other options to use for this recipe.
Powdered Icing Sugar: To add sweetness to this recipe, you will shake the coated cereal in this sugar.
How To Make Cookie Butter Muddy Buddies
Step 1. Use parchment paper to line a cookie sheet or grease with non-stick spray. In a medium-sized heat-safe bowl, add in the cookie butter, white chocolate chips, and butter to melt in the microwave for 35 seconds. Mix and continue to heat until melted, if needed. You could also just add in the butter if the mixture is too firm. Put in the cereal and mix until fully coated.
Step 2. In a large Ziplock bag, add the icing sugar and the prepared Chex cereal. Seal the bag shut and shake vigorously to coat completely. Pour the Chex onto the baking sheet and allow it to dry for 1 hour before eating or storing.
Best Cereal To Use For Cookie Butter Muddy Buddies?
I like to use regular Rice Chex for this recipe because it has a better texture in my opinion. However, you can feel free to try corn Chex or wheat Chex for this recipe. You could also make a blend of all three kinds of Chex.
Substitutions For Cookie Butter:
If you don’t have it on hand or have trouble finding cookie butter, you can use one of the substitutions below for this recipe.
- Almond Butter
- Peanut Butter
Tips & Tricks
You can try using cinnamon chips instead of white chocolate chips to add more of a warm spice flavor to this recipe. It would make them perfect for this upcoming Fall weather!
If you don’t have a microwave or want another option for melting the chocolate, you can use a double boiler or instant pot! Melt on low heat, stirring often until smooth.
To store, place in an airtight container or Ziplock bag and store on the counter at room temperature.
More Snack Recipes:
Cookie Butter Muddy Buddies
- 1/2 cup cookie butter
- 1/4 white chocolate chips
- 1-2 Tbsp shortening or butter
- 4-5 cups Chex cereal
- 1 cup powdered icing sugar
- Grease or line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the cookie butter, white chocolate chips, and shortening (or butter) in a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl and heat for 35 seconds. Stir and reheat as needed.
- (Alternatively, you can just stir in the butter/shortening if the mixture seems too stiff.)
- Stir in the Chex cereal and coat completely.
- Place the powdered icing sugar in a large zip-top bag and add the cookie butter-coated cereal.
- Close the bag and shake well to fully coat the cereal with sugar.
- Empty the cereal onto the prepared baking sheet. Let dry for an hour before packaging or serving.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.