Who wants to bask in an amazing childhood nostalgia? This recipe is a twist to a treat, I’m sure many of your have tried before. This awesome Cosmic Brownie Donuts will be a new and improved childhood treat that you can share with your friends and family. Your children will now have a treat they can remember in their future.
Cosmic Brownie Donuts
These Cosmic Brownie Donuts are a wonderful twist of taste and texture to your favorite treat. The recipe is quite easy and simple to follow along with. You will have this great recipe prepared and made in no time. If you love these donuts, you will also love Chocolate Cosmic Cake.
- Flour- You should use all-purpose for best results.
- Sugar- Sugar is always in the best desserts.
- Dark Cocoa Powder- You want to make sure you have unsweetened.
- Baking Powder- This will allow the ingredients to rise in the oven.
- Baking Soda- This will let your ingredients double in size.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Milk- You can use whole or 2%.
- Eggs- Be sure to use eggs at room temperature.
- Butter- Be sure to use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt.
- Vanilla extract- Best to use pure vanilla for best flavoring.
- Chocolate chips- These will be added into your cream.
- Heavy whipping cream- This will be a thickening agent in your ganache.
- Rainbow candy coated chocolate chips- These will be for the signature colorful cosmic chocolate on top of the recipe.
How to Make Chocolate Donuts
Set your oven to 350 degrees and evenly spray pam on a doughnut pan.
Mix the eggs, sugar, extract, milk, and butter in a large bowl and set aside.
Add together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
Slowly add in wet ingredients.
Add batter to a piping bag and fill the pan 3/4 full.
For 8-10 minutes bake in the oven or until the toothpick tester comes out clean.
next, make the ganache.
Add in the cream to a small pot and bring to a simmer.
Add chocolate chips to a bowl and pour the heated cream on top.
Let rest for 2 minutes and mix until creamy.
Dip the doughnuts in the chocolate and set on a cooling rack.
Add some rainbow chocolate by sprinkling on top.
Are These Baked Chocolate Donuts or Fried?
You can actually bake and fry your Cosmic brownie chocolate donuts. However, the way these are made is by baking them in an oven. Baking is actually much better for using less oil and is much healthier.
What Icing Can I Use For These?
You can use any type of icing your want for these Cosmic brownie donuts. However, the best choice would be the icing in this recipe. This icing not only gives you the look of a cosmic brownie but the taste as well.
More Donut Recipes
- Baked Apple Pie Donuts
- Mint Chocolate Chip Donuts
- Cinnamon Sugar Air Fryer Donuts (4-ingredients)
- Gingerbread Donuts
Cosmic Brownie Donuts
Cosmic Doughnuts Ingredients :
- 2 C Flour
- 3/4 C Sugar
- 1/2 C Unsweetened Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 C Whole Milk
- 2 Large eggs
- 4 tbsp unsalted melted butter
- 2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 large disposable piping bag
Chocolate Ganache :
- ½ C semi sweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ C heavy whipping cream
- 1 C rainbow candy coated chocolate chips
Cosmic Doughnuts Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a doughnut pan with pam baking spray
- Using a large bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, milk, and melted butter, set aside.
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- Gradually mix into the wet ingredients
- Scoop the batter into the piping bag and fill the doughnut cavity about ¾ full
- Bake for about 8 minutes to 10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
Chocolate Ganache Directions
- Using a small pot, bring the heavy whipping cream to a simmer
- Pour the chocolate chips into a medium bowl and pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips
- Allow to sit for 2 minutes before whisking until smooth
- Dip the doughnuts into the chocolate ganache and then place onto a wire rack
- Sprinkle some rainbow candy coated chocolate chips on to the top of the doughnuts