Apple donuts are a classic fall treat, and they’re one of my favorite desserts in the world! I like to make them at home because it’s so easy. There is nothing like a fresh-baked donut still warm from the oven.
Baked Apple Donuts
Baked Donuts is one of the best ways to enjoy a donut recipe. This Baked Apple Donuts recipe is so good and perfect for a morning breakfast or after-dinner snack. The recipe contains applesauce and other warm spices to make a flavorful donut. Topped on this baked donut is a cinnamon-sugar coating to make it extra delicious. If you want more donut recipes to have along with this recipe or just to try out a new recipe, be sure to look at this Strawberry Donut Hole Recipe or these Easy Lemon Donut Holes for other fruit-flavored donuts.
- Cake Mix– You will need spiced cake mix for this recipe.
- Applesauce– This will be used as a thickening agent.
- Cinnamon– This will be used as an additional ingredient.
- Apple pie spice– This will be used for more enhanced flavoring.
- Sugar– This sugar is always used in the best desserts.
How to Make Baked Apple Donuts
To start, set the oven to 350 degrees and use a non-stick baking spray such as Pam to grease and donut pan.
First, add the cake mix, apple sauce, pie spice, and cinnamon into a large bowl and combine.
Secondly, add the batter into the prepared pan.
Thirdly, place in the oven for 12-14 minutes.
Next, take the pan out of the oven and allow it to sit for 5 minutes to cool.
Finally, take the donuts out of the pan when cooled.
To begin, add 1 cup of sugar and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon into a Ziploc bag.
To finish, put your donuts into the prepared bag and coat them by shaking.
Once done, serve and enjoy!
How to store?
Storing these Apple Donuts is very easy to do. You can store this recipe at room temperature, in the fridge, or even in the freezer to last longer. Place the donuts into an air-tight container to keep in the moisture and make sure they don’t dry out.
Variations to apple donuts:
There are many different variations for this Baked Apple Donut Recipe. Some simple variations are things like caramel glaze, chocolate glaze, caramel chips, or chocolate chips. If you are feeling a bit more adventurous, you can try things like oatmeal streusel toppings, walnut or other nut streusel topping, and more.
More Apple Donut Recipes:
Baked Apple Donuts
- 1 box of spice cake mix
- 1 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Apple pie spice
- 1 C sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Spray a donut pan with non-stick baking spray.
- In a large bowl, add cake mix, apple sauce, pie spice, and cinnamon, mix to combine.
- Pour the batter into the donut pan.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove the donuts from the oven and let them cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Once the donuts are cool, remove them from the pan.
- In a ziplock bag, mix the 1 C sugar and 1tbsp ground cinnamon
- Place donuts in the ziplock bag and shake to coat