Cranberry Lemon Muffins are a delicious treat. When I am looking for a tangy and sweet muffin that is a bit unusual, this is the perfect recipe. These are delicious warm right out of the oven, and then enjoy them over the next few days. Add these amazing muffins to brunch or as a simple breakfast.
Cranberry Lemon Muffins Recipe
I love muffins. I like to keep them on hand for an easy snack or breakfast. While I love sweet muffins, I love muffins that are a bit less sweet. These cranberry lemon muffins are a bit tangy and then topped with a bit of course sugar to add a nice touch of sweetness.
- Flour- All purpose flour is best but self rising flour can also be used.
- Sugar- You need sugar in these delicious muffins.
- Baking powder- If you are using self rising flour you do not need baking powder.
- Salt- Salt brings out the flvaor in baked goods.
- Eggs- It is always best to use room temperature eggs while baking.
- Light cream- Heavy cream can also be used in the muffins
- Vegetable oil- Canola oil can also be used instead of vegetable oil.
- Lemon – For this recipe you need the lemon zest.
- Cranberries– You want to use frozen cranberries for this recipe
- Coarse sugar– The course sugar is used on top of the muffins
How to Make Cranberry Lemon Muffins
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Add the eggs, milk, oil, and lemon zest. Combine it well.
Fold in the cranberries.
Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tins. Fill them about 3/4 of the way full.
Sprinkle the top with sugar and then bake for 18-20 minutes.
Place the muffins on a cooling rack.
How to Store Leftover Muffins
Make sure the leftover muffins are stored in an airtight container, wrapped in plastic or in a freezer bag.
Can these Muffins be Frozen?
YES! I love freezing muffins so I can easily pop them out of the freezer the night before and have them ready for breakfast whenever I want.
More Muffin Recipes
- Banana Crumb Muffins Recipe
- Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins Recipe
- Red Velvet Muffins
- The Best Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
Cranberry Lemon Muffins
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the eggs, milk, oil, and lemon zest and mix well.
- Fold in the cranberries.
- Scoop the batter into the paper-lined muffin tins filling about ¾ full.
- Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Place on a wire rack to cool.