This easy to make Strawberry Cream Cake Recipe and has an amazing taste. This cake is different than a regular layered cake. Each layer has fresh strawberry and a delicious cream cheese frosting. This tender cake is going to be an amazing dessert that is perfect for every occasion.
Strawberry Cream Cake Recipe
This delicious cake is made with cake flour, which gives a tender and airier cake. This made from scratch cake is a great addition to a family get together or as part of a special occasion brunch.
- Cake flour- Cake flour has less gluten in it than all purpose flour so it gives a lighter, more tender cake.
- Salt- Baked goods need salt. It helps bring out the flavor.
- Baking soda- Baking soda helps to make the cake airy.
- Baking powder- Baking powder helps to make the cake rise.
- Granulated sugar- A cake has to have sugar.
- Butter- Always use unsalted butter when you are baking because it lets you control how much salt is in the recipe.
- Eggs – You are only using the whites in this recipe because the cake stays whiter without the yolks.
- Clear vanilla extract – You can use regular vanilla extract but the cake will be a bit darker
- Milk – You want to use room temperature milk.
- Cream cheese – You want to make sure the cream cheese is softened.
- Butter – Use softened butter to make sure it combines well with the cream cheese.
- Powdered sugar- This is the sugar that is usually used when making frosting.
- Cream – The cream is used to thin the frosting to the right consistency.
- Strawberries- The strawberries are diced into small pieces to add to the frosting.
How to Make Strawberry Cream Cake
You will need these 4×10 baking pans from Wilton to make these cakes or you can use a loaf pan and slice the cake into 4 slices horizontally.
Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and set it aside.
In another bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until it is smooth.
Next, beat in the egg whites on high until well combined.
Add in the vanilla and milk.
Combine the dry ingredients with the wet and combined well.
Fill the pans, leaving about a 1/4 inch at the top of the pan.
Bake the cake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. If you are using a single loaf pan, the cooking time will change to about 40 minutes. Check the cake with a toothpick in the center to make sure it is done.
Remove the cake and place it on the cooling rack.
While the cake is cooling, beat the cream cheese and butter until it is combined.
Add the powdered sugar to the bowl and beat until it is smooth and fluffy.
Add the cream and mix it until it is smooth.
Fold in the strawberries into the batter.
Trim the cakes to make them even and then frost one layer of the cake. Place the next cake layer on top and press it down lightly. Do this with all of the layers. Then frost the rest of the cake.
Chill the cake for several hours and be sure to refrigerate the leftovers.
Can This Cake Be Turned Into Cupcakes?
This strawberry cream cake can easily be turned into cupcakes. The difference will be since this is a layer cake, you will not be able to get the frosting between layers of cake. You can use a piping bag to create a frosting swirl on top of the cupcakes.
Do You Refrigerate Strawberries & Cream Cake?
You will want to refrigerate the cakes since you are using fresh strawberries.
Other Strawberry Cake Recipes You Will Love
Strawberry Cream Cake Recipe
- 12 oz cream cheese softened
- 4 oz butter softened
- 3½ c powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp cream or milk
- 1 c strawberries diced into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease (4) 4x10x¾ inch pans. These are a specialty pan made by Wilton and available from Amazon. I will include the link at the bottom that you can use to earn an affiliate commission. Alternatively, a large loaf pan can be used and the cake sliced in four layers horizontally.
- Combine cake flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, mix butter and sugar on medium speed until smooth.
- Add egg whites and mix on high until well combined.
- Add vanilla and milk and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing well on low until combined.
- Fill pans, stopping about ¼ inch from the top of pan. Place pans on center rack of preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (If you choose to use a single pan, the baking time will be longer, more like 40 minutes or so, until the toothpick comes out clean.)
- Remove to a cooling rack and cool completely Meanwhile, prepare the icing.
- Mix cream cheese and butter at medium speed until thoroughly combined.
- Slowly add powdered sugar, continuing mixing until smooth and fluffy.
- Add cream and mix until smooth.
- Gently fold strawberries into batter,
- Trim tops of the cake layers to flatten them.
- Generously ice the top of one layer of cake. Place next layer on top of bottom layer, press down gently and ice top of this one. Do the same with third layer and place top layer on it. Ice top and sides. Using an angled cake spatula makes this easier.
- Chill for several hours before slicing. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.