Cranberry Orange Cookies
Cranberry Orange Cookies are a delicious, sweet, and chewy dessert. This recipe is a great winter treat that is perfect for buffet tables, parties, and more!
Cranberry Orange Cookies
These cranberry orange cookies are so good! This recipe is simple to make and won’t take much of your time. When you make this recipe, you won’t be able to resist trying out other cranberry desserts. These White Chocolate Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies are to die for and these Cranberry Orange Shortbread Cookies are even better. Both of these recipes would be great along with these Orange Cranberry Cookies on a dessert buffet.
- Butter– Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Sugar– This sugar is always used in the best desserts.
- Almond Extract– Use pure extract for the best flavoring.
- Flour– Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Cornstarch– Use this as a thickening agent.
- Orange Zest– Be sure to zest before juicing.
- Cranberries– Use finely chopped and dried cranberries for this recipe.
- Chocolate– Use white chocolate to drizzle on top of the cookies.
How to Make Cranberry Orange Cookies
To start, set the oven to 325 degrees.
Secondly, add the butter and sugar into a bowl and beat to combine.
Thirdly, add in the almond extract.
Next, add in the flour and cornstarch in another bowl and whisk to combine.
In addition, add in the orange zest and dried cranberries.
Afterward, roll the dough out, about 1/4-inch thick on a floured surface.
Furthermore, use a 2.5-inch cookie cutter to cut out the cookies.
Finally, use parchment paper to line a cookie sheet and arrange the cookie cutouts on it.
To finish, bake for 12 minutes at 325 degrees until light brown on the edges.
Lastly, top with white chocolate using a fork when the cookies are cooled thoroughly.
Serve and Enjoy!
How to Store Orange Cookies?
Storing these orange cookies in an airtight container is your best storage method. You have the choice of keeping these cookies at room temperature, in the fridge, or in the freezer. Keeping this recipe in the fridge or freezer will extend the shelf life greatly.
How Long do Cranberry Cookies last?
The shelf life of any recipe depends on how and where it is stored. I recommend placing this recipe in an airtight container and keeping it in the fridge or freezer. Storing this dessert at room temperature will only keep for about 4-5 days whereas in the fridge can last for about a week. The freezer is the best storage method because it will extend the shelf life to about 3 months.
More Cranberry Recipes:
- Cranberry Shortbread Cookies
- White Chocolate Cranberry Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Cranberry Sandwich Cookies
- Sugared Cranberry Cheesecake Bites
Orange Cranberry Cookies
- 1 ½ cup salted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons orange zest
- 1 cup dried cranberries finely chopped (craisins)
- 2 ounces of white chocolate melted
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Mix in the almond extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and cornstarch.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and blend until incorporated.
- Mix in the orange zest and dried cranberries.
- Onto a well-floured surface, roll the dough out to about a ¼ inch thick. Cut out the cookies with a 2.5-inch cookie cutter.
- Place the cookies on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the cookies at 325 degrees for 12 minutes. (Or until just turning golden on the edges.)
- When the cookies have cooled completely, use a fork to drizzle the white chocolate over them.