Cranberry Chicken is the perfect one dish chicken dinner! Tender and juicy chicken thighs baked in a flavor-packed sauce of Catalina dressing, whole berry cranberry sauce, onion soup mix, and red pepper flakes for just a hint of spice. Serve over rice, mashed potatoes, or noodles.
Of all the great one dish dinner recipes, this might just be our new favorite! It took mere minutes to toss the ingredients together and then it baked for an hour while homework was being done. Such a simple dinner recipe! You’ll love the sweet and savory cranberry sauce and fork-tender chicken.
Finding new and delicious yet easy to make dinner recipes can be a challenge, but we’ve got you covered! Here are a few of our favorites: Homemade Hamburger Helper | Slow Cooker Shrimp and Corn Chowder | Easy Air Fryer Pizza | Cheesy Taco Spaghetti | Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup
Here’s what you’ll need to make Cranberry Chicken (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the easy to print recipe card):
- Catalina salad dressing – use any brand you like.
- Dry onion soup mix – this ingredient adds wonderful savory flavor to the sauce.
- Whole-berry cranberry sauce – use canned or homemade.
- Red pepper flakes – this ingredient is optional. It added just a little bit of heat to the sauce.
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs – this recipe can also be made with chicken breast.
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Cranberry Chicken
Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Grease a 9×13-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine the Catalina dressing, dry onion soup mix, cranberry sauce, and red pepper flakes. Mix well, then pour into the prepared baking dish.
Season the chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper then place in the baking dish in a single layer.
Turn the chicken thighs over to coated all sides well with the sauce.
Bake the chicken uncovered for 1 hour or until the chicken has an internal temperature of 165°F.
What to Serve with Cranberry Chicken
- Steamed white or brown rice
- Mashed potatoes
- Buttered egg noodles
- Tossed salad
- Oven roasted vegetables
How to Store Leftovers
Store the leftover chicken in an airtight food storage container in the refrigerator for up to three days. The chicken can also be frozen for up to two months.
More Recipes You Will Enjoy
- Chocolate Mousse Brownies
- Mini Red Velvet Cheesecakes
- Pink Champaign Cheesecake
- Easy Honey Glazed Carrots
- 8 ounce bottle Catalina salad dressing
- 1 packet (about 1.25 ounce) dry onion soup mix
- 15 ounce can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Grease a 9x13-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Catalina dressing, dry onion soup mix, cranberry sauce, and red pepper flakes. Mix well, then pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Season the chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper then place in the baking dish in a single layer. Turn the chicken thighs over to coated all sides well with the sauce.
- Bake the chicken uncovered for 1 hour or until the chicken has an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over rice, mashed potatoes, or noodles.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
43 comments on “Easy Cranberry Chicken”
Works great on pork too!
Made this tonight for dinner and followed the recipe exactly as written. I really liked it with the thighs but my husband is a white meat lover so next time I will try chicken breasts.