When it comes to an old fashion dessert that is still amazing today, there is nothing better than this Easy Vanilla Custard Cake recipe. Custard cake is so good with an almost creamy texture. Topped with Cool Whip this cake is sweet but not too sweet, perfect for a light dessert and is sure to be a family favorite.
If you want a fun way to change up the topping of this easy custard cake, you can make this Instant Pot Strawberry Jam and mix it together with the Cool Whip.
Easy Custard Cake Recipe
Custard Cake is a dessert that has been around forever. It is such a simple cake recipe but it tastes like it has to be complicated. Everyone who tastes it is going to be sure that nothing that tastes this good could be make so easy. Make it for an easy weeknight dessert or make it for a special occasion.
Can You Add Chocolate to This Custard Cake Recipe?
If you wanted to make this a chocolate custard cake, it would be easy to change it. You can 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of cocoa to the dry ingredients as you add it to the cake batter. The more cocoa you add the richer the chocolate flavor. YOu might need to add an extra tablespoon of sugar to keep the same amount of sweetness.
Best Toppings for Custard Cake
This custard cake is topped with Cool Whip. This is great because it gives the cake a sweet frosting but ti does not take over the flavor of the cake as regular icing would. You can use the strawberry jam recipe to other flavors to the Cool Whip or you can add other flavors too. You can also add fresh or frozen fruit to the top of the cake.
- Unsalted butter
- Pure vanilla extract
- Baking powder
- Kosher salt
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Powder sugar
- Cool whip
- Variety of fruit for topping
How to Make Condensed Milk Custard cake
Preheat the oven to 350. Line a 9 inch springform pan with parchment paper and spray with baking spray.
In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
Using a mixer, beat together the butter, sugar, and vanilla. Beat together until it is fluffy.
Add the eggs in one at a time until it is well combined.
Alternate the dry ingredients and the sweetened condensed milk. Mix well between each addition.
Put the batter into the springform pan and bake the cake for an hour. The cake is done when a toothpick comes out clean.
Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes, then remove the cake from the pan.
Let the cake to cool completely.
Dust the cake with powdered sugar, top with Cool Whip and fruit.
Easy Vanilla Custard Cake
- 1 C unsalted butter
- 1 ⅓ C sugar
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 - 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- ½ C powder sugar for dusting
- 1 8 oz container of cool whip
- Variety of fruit for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a 9inch springform pan with parchment paper and spray with pam spray
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract and beat until creamy and fluffy
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time until combined
- Alternate between the dry and sweetened condensed milk and mix until combined between each addition
- Pour the batter into the springform pan
- Bake in the oven for an hour or until toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan
- Allow to cool completely to room temperature
- Dust with powdered sugar, cool whip and fruit
- Cut and enjoy!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.