This is the ultimate Red White and Blue Cake recipe for your patriotic celebrations! This fun cake features layers of moist, fluffy batter with vibrant red and blue hues, perfectly complemented by a vanilla glaze. Get ready to impress your guests with this stunning and delicious dessert that captures the spirit of Americana.
Patriotic Bundt Cake
Imagine sinking your fork into a slice of the most amazing Red White and Blue Bundt Cake you’ve ever seen. The vibrant colors instantly catch your eye, and as you take that first bite, your taste buds explode with a medley of flavors. The moist and tender crumb, combined with the subtle sweetness of the cake, is truly irresistible. Whether you’re hosting a Fourth of July barbecue, a Memorial Day picnic, or simply want to add a festive touch to your dessert table, these cakes are the perfect choice. They’re a fun and delicious way to celebrate the patriotic spirit, impress your guests, and create lasting memories. Get ready to bake up a storm and enjoy the delightful goodness of this red, white, and blue beauty!
What You’ll Need
- For the Cake: The cake starts from French vanilla boxed cake mix, with eggs, butter and milk. Use Red and Sky Blue gel food coloring to create the different sections of the cake. Can’t find french vanilla cake mix? White cake mix will work.
- For the Glaze: The glaze is a simple powdered sugar glaze that is a combination of powdered sugar, lemon juice, milk and vanilla. It gets decorated with red, white and blue sprinkles.
How to Make Red White and Blue Cake
Make the Cake: Using a stand mixer, cream the cake mixes and the cake ingredients together. Divide into 3 small bowls and add food coloring to 2 of the bowls, to create a red batter, a blue batter and a white batter. Using a spoon, add cake batter to the prepared bundt pan alternating between the colors. Bake. let the cake cool completely once done.
Make the Glaze: Combine the frosting ingredients together in a large bowl until smooth and pour over the top of the cake and let it drip down the sides. Decorate with the sprinkles and let the glaze harden before serving.
How to Store Red White and Blue Cake
You want to make sure to store any leftover cake properly so that it lasts the longest while tasting the freshest. There are a few ways to store the bundt cake.
- Cool Completely: Before storing the cake, ensure it has completely cooled down. This helps prevent condensation and moisture buildup.
- Wrap it Up: or store it in a container Wrap the bundt cake tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Make sure all sides are covered to maintain moisture and prevent the cake from drying out. If you have a cake carrier or an airtight container large enough to accommodate the bundt cake, place the wrapped cake inside. Ensure the container is clean and free from odors.
- Counter or Refrigerator: Depending on the climate and the cake’s ingredients, you can store the bundt cake at room temperature on the kitchen counter for up to 3-4 days. However, if the cake contains perishable fillings , like fruit, or if the weather is hot and humid, it’s best to store it in the refrigerator to maintain freshness. Note that refrigeration may cause the cake to firm up slightly and taste stale sooner.
- Freezing Option: If you want to store the bundt cake for a longer period, it can be frozen. Wrap it tightly in multiple layers of plastic wrap and then place it in an airtight freezer bag. The cake can be frozen for up to 2-3 months. Before serving, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and bring it to room temperature before enjoying.
Tips, Tricks and Variations
- Colorful Batter: To achieve vibrant red and blue layers, use gel food coloring instead of liquid. Gel coloring produces more intense hues without adding excess liquid to the batter.
- Swirling Technique: For a marbled effect, spoon alternate dollops of red and blue batter into the bundt cake pan. Then, use a skewer or a knife to gently swirl the colors together. This creates a visually stunning pattern when the cake is sliced.
- Non-Stick Preparation: Ensure your bundt cake pan is thoroughly greased and floured to prevent the cake from sticking. Consider using a baking spray with flour for added convenience.
- Cooling and Release: After baking, allow the cake to cool in the pan for about 10-15 minutes before gently inverting it onto a cooling rack. This helps the cake release smoothly without any breakage.
- Flavor Combinations: Experiment with flavor combinations to enhance your cake. Consider adding a hint of vanilla extract, almond extract or other extract to the batter for a delightful twist. You can also incorporate fresh strawberries or blueberries or citrus zest for added brightness.
- Presentation: When serving, consider placing the Red White and Blue Bundt Cake on a decorative cake stand or serving platter. Garnish with fresh berries or a dusting of powdered sugar to make it visually appealing.
More Fun Patriotic Recipes
Red White and Blue Cake
- 2 Cup powder sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3-5 tbsp whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray the bundt pan and set aside.
- Using a standing mixer, combine all of the cake ingredients and mix on medium speed until fully combined, about 5 minutes.
- Divide the batter into 3 bowls.
- Add in red food coloring into one bowl and mix until combined.
- Add in blue food coloring into the second bowl and mix until combined.
- Leave the third bowl white.
- Using a spoon, Spoon a spoonful of each color into the bundt pan, alternating between colors.
- Once done, place into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Once timer goes off poke cake with a toothpick to see if it comes out clean.
- Let cool completely in the bundt pan.
- Once cooled, place a serving plate onto the top of the bundt pan and flip over so that the cake can come out onto the plate.
- Combine all ingredients into a large bowl and mix until smooth.
- Pour the glaze into a measuring cup or a large cup to easy pour.
- Pour the glaze onto the cake letting it drip down the sides.
- Sprinkle some patriotic sprinkles onto the glaze.
- Let the glaze harden before enjoying!