Dazzle your 4th of July guests with a Fireworks Bundt Cake that has a sweet red, white and blue center and is all decked out for the celebration.
Two of my favorites Bundt cake recipes are this cutie-patootie Unicorn Poop Bundt Cake and the deliciously unique Spiced Rum, Bacon and Chocolate Bundt Cake.
Fireworks Bundt Cake
The correct red and blue food colorings for this cake are critical. Please use gel food coloring! The colors are more concentrated in the gel variety and will give you the wow of colorful fireworks when cut.
That’s the whole point, right? Together with the taste, you get to show off a cake that is so undeniably red, white and blue that it becomes the dessert friends ask you to make for every July 4th celebration.
The Bundt Cake 4-1-1
Bundt cakes came into style in the 50s and 60s. Nordic Ware manufactured the pan and of course, everyone flipped their wigs. The pretty, round style of the Bundt pan can honestly make any cake look nice.
Thanks, Ella Helfrich
In 1966, the Pillsbury Bake-Off contest featured a cake recipe called The Tunnel of Fudge by Ella Helfrich. It took 2nd place.
People went nuts. They began overflowing the mailbox at Nordic Ware asking where they could buy the cake pan with the hole in it.
PS: It was the most requested Pillsbury recipe EVER!
From Houston’s Leader News “What she never expected was her recipe to go viral. Around 300,000 letters were sent to Pillsbury to inquire after the recipe in the first month after the Bake-Off alone. And when there was an error in the recipe when it went through the wire service, it was printed incorrectly. Home bakers decided to call Helfrich directly, asking what they were doing wrong. This was back when all you had to do was pick up the phone and ask the operator to direct your call.”
Fireworks Bundt Cake
Bundt cake Ingredients
- 2 box of White cake mix
- 8 large egg whites
- 1 C Unsalted sweet cream butter
- 2 1/2 C whole milk
- Red and Sky Blue gel food coloring
- 1 9 in bundt cake pan
- 1 container of white cake frosting
- Red white and blue cake sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray the bundt pan with baking spray
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the cake mix, egg whites, butter and milk until combined
- Scoop 2 C of the white cake batter into 1 bowl and mix in a few drops of red food coloring
- Scoop 2 C of the white cake batter into the 2nd bowl and mix in a few drops of the sky blue food coloring
- Pour half of the white cake mix into the bundt pan
- Spoon 1 spoonful of the blue batter onto the middle of the white cake batter in the pan
- Spoon 1 spoonful of the red batter next to the blue batter
- Repeat steps until the middle is filled with red and blue dollops like in the example image
- Pour the remaining white batter onto the top
- Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool completely before removing from pan
- Place the bundt cake onto a serving plate
- Remove the foil from the frosting and place into the microwave for 30-45 seconds to make the frosting soft and pourable
- Once the frosting is soft, pour over bundt cake
- Sprinkle red white and blue sprinkles all over the cake
- Allow frosting to harden before enjoying!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.