Whiskey Bundt Cake
Do you love whiskey? Well, what if I told you there is now a cake that captures the flavor and essence of your favorite spirit. Introducing the Whiskey Bundt Cake! This bundt will have everyone saying “Cheers!”
Whiskey Bundt cake
This Bundt cake is very delicious and simple to make. Most of the recipe includes simple ingredients that can be found in your kitchen to make a normal cake. The only ingredient that really makes this cake “whiskey cake” is adding the Crown Royal whiskey to your recipe. Infusing any dessert with things like whiskey, rum, bourbon, and more adds incredible flavor. And, if you love this cake recipe and you are sure to enjoy this Old Fashioned Whiskey Cake or this Bourbon Pecan Cake.
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Baking Soda- This will allow the ingredients to double in size.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Sugar- Every dessert recipe uses sugar as an ingredient.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt.
- Eggs- Use these at room temperature.
- Sour Cream- This will cut the richness in half.
- Vanilla- Use the pure vanilla extract for the best flavoring.
- Whiskey- You will need Crown Royal for this recipe.
- Walnuts- These will need to be chopped.
- Brown Sugar- This will add richness to the recipe.
- Cinnamon- This will be an additional flavoring.
How to Make Whiskey Cake
To start, add the chopped walnuts brown sugar, and cinnamon into a medium mixing bowl and combine.
First, set the oven to 300 degrees. Then, use pam baking spray to grease a 9-inch bundt cake pan.
Second, add the flour, baking soda, and salt into a large mixing bowl and combine.
Next, add the butter and sugar into a standing mixer and beat to combine until light and fluffy.
One at a time, add in the eggs and beat after each addition. Then, add in the sour cream, and vanilla and beat to combine.
Slowly combine the dry and wet ingredients.
Next, add 1/3 of the batter into the prepared pan and top with half of the chopped walnuts.
Repeat by adding a second 1/3 scoop of batter into the prepared pan, then topping with some more chopped walnuts.
Use a spatula to smooth the ingredients out, then add the rest of the walnuts on top of the batter.
Finally, any leftover batter can be poured into the pan.
Place the pan into the oven for 70 minutes, or until you place a toothpick in the middle of the cake and it comes out clean a batter.
Next, remove the cake from the oven and set it aside to cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
When the time is up, remove the cake from the pan and place it onto a serving platter.
Finish the recipe by topping off with some powdered sugar.
Is this Whiskey Cake Safe for Kids?
Attempting to feed a child this whiskey cake all depends on the parent. The alcohol content in this recipe is very low, however, there is still alcohol in the cake. So, if you were ever serving guests where there are children in the vicinity. I would always recommend asking the parents permission before allowing them to eat it.
How to Store Whiskey Bundt Cake?
Storing your Whiskey Bundt Cake is very easy. All you have to do is make sure to get an airtight container, specifically, a cake container. Placing the recipe in a container allows it to have enough space to move around without getting messed up. After you have placed your recipe in the container, then you would want to place it in the fridge, or you can leave it out at room temperature to be eaten immediately.
More Alcohol Infused Cake Recipes:
- Strawberry Margarita Cake with Tequila Frosting
- Blackberry Margarita Sheet Cake with Tequila
- Baileys Irish Cream Cake
- Rum Cake with Caramel Glaze
Whiskey Bundt Cake
- 2 1/3 C flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 C sugar
- 1 C unsalted butter softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 - 8 oz container sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Crown Royal Whisky
- 1 1/2 C chopped walnuts
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Using a medium mixing bowl, mix together the chopped walnuts, brown sugar, and cinnamon until combined
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees and spray a 9-inch bundt cake pan with pam baking spray, set aside
- Using a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt until combined.
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time until combined after each egg
- Beat in the sour cream, vanilla, and whisk until combined
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until combined
- Scoop 1/3 of the batter into the bundt pan and sprinkle half of the walnuts on top of the batter
- Scoop another 1/3 of the batter on top of the walnuts and smooth evenly
- Sprinkle the remaining amount of walnuts
- Scoop and smooth the remaining amount of batter
- Bake in the preheated oven for 70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow cooling for 15-20 minutes before removing and placing onto a serving plate
- Dust with powdered sugar