Breakfast is my favorite part of the day! And, it will be yours too when you try these amazing Fruity Pebble Pancakes. These fluffy, vibrant, and tasty pancakes are the perfect kid-friendly recipe to get you moving in the morning.
Cereal Pancakes For Breakfast
Fruity Pebble Pancakes are so good and simple to make with only a few ingredients. These pancakes are so eye-popping and when they are drizzled with syrup, they just melt in your mouth! Soft and crunchy at the same time means extra delicious!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
All-Purpose Flour: All-purpose flour is best to use. However, if you are using self-rising flour, you would eliminate the baking powder.
Granulated Sugar: Even though you don’t want to make your pancakes very sweet, you don’t want to skip the sugar. It gives the pancakes a hint of sweetness and brings the flavors together perfectly.
Baking Powder: Baking powder will help the pancakes rise. Use this to make your pancakes light and fluffy.
Milk: Use whole or 2% milk to add moisture to the recipe and add additional flavor.
Butter: It is best to use unsalted butter for this recipe. Using unsalted butter will give you control of the flavoring in the recipe. This will allow the rawest and natural flavor to come out in the recipe.
Fruity Pebbles: This is the main ingredient! I love putting them in the batter and on top as well!
Marshmallow Fluff: Marshmallow fluff is strictly for putting on top of your mountain of pancakes like a syrup. It makes everything better!
How To Make Fruity Pebble Pancakes
Step 1. Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a medium mixing bowl and combine. Pour in the milk, melted butter, and eggs and whisk to combine.
Fold in the fruity pebbles to combine.
Step 2. Place a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat and use spray oil or butter to grease. Scoop 1/4 cup of batter onto the prepared skillet and continue until you have enough without touching the pan. Cook your pancakes and once they begin to bubble after 1-2 minutes, flip and cook the other side for another 1-2 minutes.
Step 3. Take the pancakes out of the pan and place them in a warm area until you use all the batter. When you are finished, begin making the Marshmallow Fluff syrup.
Step 1. In a medium heat-safe bowl, add the marshmallow fluff and melt for 15-20 seconds in the microwave. Heat a bit longer until you have the right consistency to drizzle on top of the pancakes. Make sure to watch carefully to avoid burning. It will also begin to expand, so you may need a bigger bowl than you think.
Step 2. Use a spoon to add the fluff on top of the finished pancakes and enjoy!
Do These Fruity Pebble Pancakes Use Regular Syrup?
This recipe actually uses marshmallow fluff as a drizzle on top of the pancakes. The fruity pebbles plus the marshmallow fluff give the recipe almost a rice Krispie taste and texture.
Tips & Tricks For Fruity Pebble Pancakes
These are some tips to make the best fruity pebble pancakes:
- You can top these pancakes with fruit jam of any kind and it will also taste incredible!
- I love adding a bit more fruit pebbles on top to add more crunch and more vibrant color.
- To get perfectly round pancakes, you can use a Dash mini griddle. This griddle makes the greatest pancakes you will ever have!
More Cereal Dessert Recipes:
- Fruity Pebbles Cheesecake (No-Bake)
- Rainbow Trix Cheesecake (No-Bake)
- Lucky Charms Cheesecake (No Bake)
Fruity Pebble Pancakes
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Next whisk in the milk, melted butter, and eggs.
- Whisk until just combined.
- Stir in the fruity pebble cereal.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle to medium heat.
- Lightly grease your pan with some spray oil or a little touch of butter.
- Using a ¼ measuring cup scoop out the batter and place it into your skillet or griddle. Repeat for however many will fit without touching in your pan.
- Cook, until the surface of the pancakes, starts to bubble for about 1-2 minutes.
- Flip the pancakes and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm while you repeat the cooking process with the rest of the batter.
- When all the pancakes are cooked prepare the marshmallow fluff.
- Place the marshmallow fluff into a medium microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave for 15-20 seconds and stir. You may need to microwave a bit more to get it to a drizzle consistency. Keep your eye on it in the microwave it will expand greatly when heating up, so you will need a much large bowl than you think.
- Spoon the marshmallow fluff over your pancakes and serve!