The classic dessert favorite recipe, Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake, is the perfect quick and easy dessert. Crushed pineapple, cherries, yellow cake mix, and butter all baked together to create a cobbler-like treat.
Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake
This super easy Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake recipe allows you to literally dump the ingredients into a baking dish in a certain order and end up with a delicious dessert, just like magic! No need to mix or even dirty a bowl–it all comes together in the pan as it bakes.
Here’s what you’ll need to make the dump cake (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the easy to print recipe card):
- Crushed pineapple – no need to drain the pineapple–the juice is a part of the moisture needed in the recipe.
- Cherry pie filling – use any brand of canned cherry pie filling you like.
- Yellow cake mix – we used Pillsbury, but any brand you prefer will work well.
- Butter – use regular salted or unsalted butter, depending on your preference.
How to Make Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake
Preheat oven to 350F. Spray the bottom of a 9×13 glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the crushed pineapple into the baking dish.
Top the pineapple with the cherry pie filling.
Sprinkle the dry yellow cake mix evenly over the fruit.
Place the slices of butter evenly over top of the cake mix.
Bake at 350F degrees for 40-45 minutes until golden brown on top.
Serve the dump cake warm, scooping servings onto plates from the baking dish using a large spoon.
What to Serve with Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake
- Whipped cream – freshly whipped cream, Reddiwip, and Cool Whip are all wonderful on the dump cake.
- Vanilla ice cream – a good vanilla bean ice cream is a great addition. This no-churn vanilla ice cream recipe is another great option!
- Extra cherries
How to Store the Leftovers
Keep the leftover dump cake covered tightly with plastic wrap, or store in an airtight food storage container. Refrigerate the cake for up to five days, or freeze and keep for up to three months.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Easy Peach Dump Cake
- The Best White Queso Dip
- Easy Air Fryer Pizzas
- Orange Creamsicle Shake
- Pina Colada Dump Cake
Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple undrained
- 21 ounce can cherry pie filling
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 1/2 sticks butter sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray the bottom of a 9×13 glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the crushed pineapple into the baking dish, then top with the cherry pie filling. Sprinkle the dry yellow cake mix evenly over the fruit.
- Place the slices of butter evenly over top of the cake mix.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 40-45 minutes until golden brown on top.