Peppermint is a great flavor to use to make candies, cakes and more. This flavor adds a fresh taste and flavor to any recipe. And, this Peppermint Cheesecake Recipe is an amazing minty, moist, and melt in your mouth dessert.
Peppermint Cheesecake Recipe
This Peppermint Cheesecake Recipe is so good! This recipe is creamy cheesecake mixed with a fresh flavor. This is a great addition to any after-meal dessert or special occasion you may have coming up. This recipe will be a go-to, to share with your friends and family and it may just become a favorite.
Peppermint is such a quintessential part of the holidays! If you are looking for some additional recipes that use Peppermint, I have a few I think you will enjoy! If you haven’t tried making a cheesecake yet in your Instant Pot, our Peppermint Cheesecake recipe would be the perfect one to try! Our Peppermint Brownie Truffles are also delicious! Of course, no holiday meal is complete without my Christmas Peppermint Mints.
- Graham cracker crumbs- This will be used for the base of your cheesecake.
- Sugar– Every great dessert uses sugar in the recipe.
- Butter- You will need to use unsalted to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Cream cheese- This will need to be softened to room temperature.
- Milk- You will need to use whole milk for this recipe.
- Eggs- You will need to use room temperature eggs for this recipe.
- Sour cream- This will cut the richness of the cheesecake.
- Peppermint extract- You can use the pure extract for the best flavoring.
- Flour- You can use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Heavy whipping cream- This will be used to add on top of the finished cheesecake.
- Powdered sugar- This sugar is the best for homemade frosting.
- Peppermint candy- You will need to use crushed candies for this recipe.
- Ghirardelli peppermint bark- This will be added on top of the finished cheesecake.
How to Make a Peppermint Cheesecake
Set your oven to 325 degrees.
Take out parchment paper and cut it to fit the bottom of a springform pan.
Add the graham crackers, sugar, and butter into a medium bowl and mix until a wet sand forms.
Use your fingers to press into the bottom of the pan and about 3 inches up the edges.
Add the cream cheese and sugar into a bowl and use a hand mixer to mix until combined.
Add in the milk and combine.
One at a time, add in the eggs and mix again.
Mix in the sour cream, extract, and flour and mix until smooth.
Pour the batter into the crust and place in the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Make sure the oven is turned off and then allow the cheesecake to cool for 3 hours to prevent any cracking in the cheesecake.
Once cooled, place in the fridge overnight to chill.
Homemade Whipped Cream
Add in the cream, sugar, and extract into a standing mixer and beat on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
Add the mixture into a piping bag.
Take the cheesecake out and begin to place large dollops of the cream all over the finished cheesecake.
Add the peppermint candies and peppermint bark on top of the cheesecake.
Where Does the Peppermint Flavor Come From?
Peppermint flavor is minty and unique. This flavor comes from a fresh herb. This is grown and extracted from the plant.
What Crust Goes Best with This?
The best crust for this Peppermint Cheesecake is the one made in this recipe. The crust is very easy to make and it being homemade is even better. The crust only takes a few ingredients and is best for this recipe.
More Peppermint Recipes
- Peppermint Bark Brownie Cupcakes
- Peppermint Brownie Truffles
- Easy Peppermint Fudge Recipe – 2 Ways
- Chocolate Peppermint Loaf
- Chocolate Candy Cane Cake
Ghiradelli Peppermint Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 C graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted sweet cream butter melted
- 9 in springform pan
- 4 - 8 oz cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 3/4 C whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 C sour cream
- 1 TBSP pure peppermint extract
- 1/4 C flour
Whipped cream ingredients
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 C powder sugar
- 1 TSP peppermint extract
- 2 C crushed peppermint candy
- 6-8 pieces Ghirardelli peppermint bark
- Preheat oven to 325
- Cut out a circle of parchment paper to fit on the bottom of the springform pan
- Using a medium bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, melted butter until a wet sand mixture forms
- Press onto bottom of springform pan and about 3 inches up the sides
- Set aside
- Using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until combined
- Beat in milk until combined
- Beat in the eggs one at a time until combined
- Mix in sour cream, peppermint extract and flour until smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake into the crust
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Turn the oven off, and let the cheesecake completely cool for about 3 hours
- This will help prevent cracking
- Once it’s completely cool chill in refrigerator overnight
Homemade Whipped Cream
- Using a standing mixer, mix the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and peppermint extract on medium speed until stiff peaks form
- Scoop whipped cream into the piping bag
- Pull out the cheesecake and pipe big dollops of whipped cream all over the cheesecake
- Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candy and place a Ghirardelli peppermint bark piece onto the cheesecake
- 1 piping bag fitted with a star tip
- Parchment paper