Instant Pot Peppermint Cheesecake couldn’t be easier or more delicious. This holiday cheesecake is made with a graham cracker crust, filled with smooth peppermint cheesecake, and topped with a light and airy peppermint whipped cream.
Instant Pot Peppermint Cheesecake
If you’ve been a reader of Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons for a bit, you are probably well aware of our love of cheesecake.
From Candy Cane Cheesecake, Instant Pot Eggnog Cheesecake, Chocolate Strawberry Stuffed Cheesecake, Strawberry Cheesecake, New York Cheesecake, and Red Velvet Cheesecake to name a handful. We simply can’t get enough of this smooth, creamy dessert.
Not only do we love eating cheesecake, it just so happens to be one of our favorite desserts to make.
Ingredients you will need:
- graham cracker crumbs
- cream cheese
- peppermint extract
- crushed candy canes
- heavy whipping cream
- powdered sugar
How to Make Peppermint Cheesecake in the Instant Pot
First, you make the graham cracker crust and press the mixture in a springform pan.
Mix your softened cream cheese and sugar together until creamy. Then, add the remaining ingredients and mix until just combined.
Pour the filling over the graham cracker crust, and smooth with a spatula. Then, add water to the Instant Pot, add the trivet, and lower the cheesecake pan into the Instant Pot. Cook for 35 minutes and then release naturally.
Remove and let the cheesecake cool in the fridge overnight.
In a medium bowl, combine the whipped cream ingredients and spread over the cooled cake. Pipe around the edges and decorate with crushed candy canes.
Tips for Perfect Peppermint Cheesecake
- Be sure to have your cream cheese and eggs at room temperature before you start. This will help your cheesecake have a smooth top without cracks, and it makes the cream cheese easier to blend.
- Mix in the eggs until just combined – do not overmix!
- Use a clean paper towel to absorb any water on the cheesecake surface after pressure cooking
- Refrigerate for overnight for best flavor and texture
Instant Pot Peppermint Cheesecake
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
Ingredients for Cheesecake
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure peppermint extract
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 egg white
- 1 cup crushed candy canes
- 2 drops pink food coloring
- Using a medium mixing bowl, combine all crust ingredients and mix well. Press into a 6-inch springform pan and set aside.
- Using a large mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sugar, the 3 eggs yolks, and peppermint extract until combined.
- In another bowl, beat together the egg whites until stiff and creamy. Gently fold the egg whites into the cream cheese mixture. Mix in the pink food coloring and candy canes.
Pour mixture into the crust. Cover the springform pan with foil.
- Place the trivet into the instant pot and pour 1 cup of water into the bottom.
Add the pan onto the trivet. Lock and seal the lid. Cook on manual for 35 minutes
Let pressure release naturally.
- Remove cheesecake and place onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
Place into the fridge overnight.
- Combine the heavy cream, powder sugar and peppermint extract and beat with a hand mixer until stiff with peaks. Scoop 1/2 cup into a piping bag with a star tip. Spread evenly with the remaining whipped cream.
Pipe whipped cream along the edge of the cheesecake
Sprinkle crushed candy canes on top
Cut and serve!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.