Gingerbread Bundt Cake
Gingerbread is a must to have during the holidays and is also great for any other occasion. You could make a gingerbread cookie or take things to a new level. Your family and friends will love to share this new Gingerbread Bundt Cake with you this season.
Gingerbread Bundt Cake Recipe
This Gingerbread Bundt Cake is such a cozy dessert! This recipe is not too complex and is so delicious. With only 4 simple spices, molasses, and a few other ingredients you may already have at home, you will have this recipe made in a jiffy. This recipe may just become a new favorite in your household.
Did you know that Bundt Cakes aren’t just for dessert? Our Savory Breakfast Bundt Cake will be the perfect way to serve up breakfast during the holidays! Of course, if a sweet Bundt Cake is on your mind, then I have two that I think you will enjoy. My Spiced Rum Bacon and Chocolate Bundt Cake is really to die for. And if you are a Pumpkin Spice fan, my delicious Pumpkin Bundt Cake may be worth looking into!
- Flour- You can use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Baking powder- This will allow your cake to rise in the oven.
- Baking soda- This will allow the ingredients to double in size.
- Ginger- Using fresh ginger will have a better flavor.
- Cinnamon- You can ground your own cinnamon for the best flavoring.
- Nutmeg- This will add a wonderful aroma to your recipe.
- Cloves- This will be an additional spice for flavoring.
- Canola oil- You can use Vegetable oil as a substitute.
- Light brown sugar- This sugar will add more flavor and moisture to your cake.
- Molasses- You can use dark corn syrup as a substitute.
- Eggs- You will need your eggs at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Sour cream- This will slice the richness of your dessert.
- Cream cheese- You will need this to be softened or at room temperature.
- Butter- You need unsalted to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Powdered sugar- This sugar is perfect for homemade frostings.
- Milk- You will need to use Whole milk for this recipe.
How to Make a Gingerbread Bundt Cake
Set your oven to 350 degrees and use Pan to spray a 9-inch Bundt cake pan evenly.
Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a large bowl and whisk to combine.
Mix in the oil, brown sugar, molasses, and vanilla into a separate bowl and beat to combine.
Add in the eggs one at a time a mix to combine.
Going back and forth between the two, slowly add in the sour cream and dry ingredients and beat to combine.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Put the pan in the oven and for 50-65 minutes, bake until the time is up or until a tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Take the cake out and set it on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
While cooling, begin to make your frosting.
Add all of your frosting ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
Slowly pour the cream cheese mixture over the finished cake and then, place it in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
When the hour is up, slice and place on a serving plate and enjoy!
What is the Difference Between Gingerbread and Ginger Cake?
There are only two main differences between Gingerbread and Ginger Cake. With ginger cake, it is just the flavor of the cake in general. However, with Gingerbread, it is a blend of spices and Molasses.
Does Gingerbread Need Icing?
Many Gingerbread Recipes can have icing on top. Some people may believe that with all the spices in it, you may need icing. However, you do not have to ice your gingerbread if you don’t want to, but this recipe makes frosting for the gingerbread.
What Goes In Gingerbread Bundt Cake?
Gingerbread Bundt Cake is too difficult to put together. This recipe is rather simple and really only needs some main spices and molasses, then a few extra ingredients to bake it and make it into a cake. Ginger, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Cloves are the main spices you will need for this recipe.
More Gingerbread Recipes
- Pumpkin Gingerbread Whoopie Pies
- Gingerbread Snowflake Cookies
- Moist Gingerbread Layer Cake Recipe
- Gingerbread Poke Cake
- Gingerbread Kiss Cookies
Gingerbread Bundt Cake Recipe
- 2 ¾ C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¾ C canola oil
- 1 ¼ C light brown sugar
- ¾ C molasses
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 C sour cream
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 - 8 oz cream cheese
- ¼ C unsalted butter softened
- 2 1/2 C powdered sugar
- ¼ Whole Milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9in Bundt cake pan with Pam baking spray
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg
- In another large bowl, beat together the oil, brown sugar, molasses, and vanilla until combined
- Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time until combined
- Alternating between the two, gradually beat in the sour cream and dry ingredients until combined and smooth
- Pour the gingerbread cake mixture into the Bundt pan
- Bake for 50-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow cooling for 10 minutes before placing onto a wire rack
- Combine all ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix until combined
- Carefully pour the cream cheese onto the Gingerbread Bundt cake
- Place into the fridge for an hour before removing and serving